TALKCalgary - Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

You are viewing in limited guest access mode only. For full access please login or register

Why i hate dogs.
 Moderated by: Admin
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sun Jun 3rd, 2007 03:55 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Cutter

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 26th, 2006
Mana: 
First, I'd like to point out the title of this rant is "I hate dogs", not "I hate all dogs."  Before you twist your panties in a knot let me say this.  I believe some dogs are tremendously valuable.  Law enforcement dogs, working ranch dogs, guide dogs, etc., serve a valid purpose and society is better off with them.  The rest of the dogs are worthless.  They're dirty, they stink, they're loud, they leave big dumps on your lawn, they're mean and violent, and they're stupid.

Dogs vs. cats
Typical dog owners enjoy spewing "dogs are smarter than cats" propaganda. Now before I go any further I would just like to say I also hate cats. Having said that dogs do what they're told, cats ignore you.  Dogs learn tricks, cats do want they want.  Dogs will protect you from strangers, cats don't care.  Valid arguments, all.  But I don't see how they add up to dogs being smarter than cats.
Dogs do whatever you tell them, whenever you tell them, like brainless drones.  When you tell a cat to do something, he thinks it over and decides for himself if he wants to do it.  Dogs are so happy to see you they jump up and down and run around in circles like retarded five year-olds.  Cats are so happy to see you they say "hi," then go back to their nap.  Dogs never bathe their stank asses until you force them to take a bath.  Cats bathe daily.  When a dog sees someone he doesn't know, he either sniffs their ass or barks at them then bites their leg.  When a cat sees someone he doesn't know, he either leaves the room or snuggles into their lap.
Dogs are clearly obedient and emotional.  But obedience and emotion do not equate to high intelligence.  Imagine someone you know who fits the description of obedient and emotional.  Is that person smart?  No, of course not.  To be fair, I should point out my own difficulty in determining other people's intelligence.  Everyone is so very inferior to me, it's like determining which ant is the smartest on the anthill.
Anyway, when was the last time you heard of a child getting mauled by a house cat?  Scratched on the face and got an infection?  Sure.  Arm torn off and dislocated jaw?  Never. Winner: cats.  Loser: dogs.

Dogs vs. babies
Have you ever heard a dog owner say "If you're thinking of having a baby, get a dog.  It's the same thing!"  The last clown who said this in front of me got punched right in the mouth.  Next clown to say it in front of me gets a ... well, I think you know what he's gonna get.  So, owning a dog is the same as raising a baby?  Really?
Can you leave your baby home alone for a few hours while you go to a movie?  Or can you leave your baby home alone while at your job for the day?  When your baby needs to take a dump, can you simply open the back door and let her go in the backyard?  Can you feed your child the same food at every meal for his entire life and expect him to love it?  When your child is being difficult can you tell her to "sit!" and "stay!" or swat her with a rolled-up newspaper? No. Does your dog throw a tantrum every morning because you won't let him wear yesterday's dirty socks?  Do you cherish your dog's naptime because it is the only waking hour of the day you have time to yourself?  Does your dog demand to watch Blue's Clues during Survivor?  Does your dog crayon the walls and furniture?  Does your dog prevent you reading a book for more than five minutes at a time because he ALWAYS needs your attention?  Does your dog throw his food at you if he doesn't feel like eating it? No.
Owning a dog is NOTHING like raising a child.  Dog owners, don't ever say that stupid **BLEEP** again.  To anyone who has ever been responsible for a child you sound like an idiot.  Even more of an idiot than what you normally sound like.
Winner: babies.  Loser: parents.

Dog owners

Dog owners are insane.  They act like their dog is, in fact, their baby.  They dress him up in a stupid hat and put him in a parade.  They let her sleep on, and sometimes in, the bed.  They buy doggie sweaters so he won't get cold.  The dog goes on vacation with the family.  They rush home after work to "take care of the dog."  And dog owners get offended when the dog isn't treated like a person by other people.
It's a **BLEEP**ing dog!  Dogs don't have the same rights and privileges people do.  You know why?  Because they are **BLEEP**ing dogs!  If you find your emotional stability comes from a stupid mongrel, you are leading a lonely life indeed.  Stupid ass-sniffing mutts (the owners, I mean).

Dogs gone wild!

In some circles dogs are raised to be as ferocious as possible, the meaner the better.  Large dogs can be lethal weapons.  Why do you think the police use them?  Because they are nice and helpful with grandma crossing the street?  No, it's because they'll chase people down and bite them on the head.
Everybody is afraid of mountain lions.  When one is spotted in a residential area, the police shoot it.  Nobody wants a mountain lion living in their 'hood.  Dogs account for far more attacks and injuries to people than mountain lions.  Yet people welcome dogs into their homes, make them part of the family.  As they say, if you're walking on the beach, don't act surprised when you get wet.
Why do owners not leash their dogs anymore?  At least three dogs on my street are allowed to roam freely at all hours, day and night.  Their favorite activities seem to be **BLEEP**ting on my lawn, pissing on crocoWife's flowers, and glowering menacingly at our daughter.  I wonder if it is within my rights to accidentally leave poisoned milkbones on my front porch.  Maybe if the family pet starts puking for no apparent reason, mother**BLEEP**ers will keep a closer watch on him and not let him run all over the goddamn neighborhood.

Now I know Calgary is a dog loving city so I will hold back from saying that all dogs should be rounded up and sold as horse meat. But I do feel that Bylaw Services should raise the dog licence to $500.00 per year. At least that way somthing will be going back in to the community to help pay for all the damage these four legged **BLEEP** machines do.

Posted: Mon Jun 4th, 2007 02:08 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
meemo

Joined TALKCalgary: Tue Feb 6th, 2007
Mana: 
Hmm... Cutter... so I take it then by your post you have quite a large dislike for dogs, or if not them in general or as a species, keeping them as pets... am I right??  Ah yes see ol' Meemo here not only knows all and sees all, but also has a tendency to be a little psychic incase you hadn't noticed:P  Now... as for your claim here that They're dirty, they stink, they're loud, they leave big dumps on your lawn, they're mean and violent, and they're stupid.
 I take it you yourself have never owned a dog, again am I right?  Perhaps you are even up against your own family on this one(assuming that you do in fact have one and are not just some sad, fat, balding guy sitting at home on a weekend in front of his computer arguing about the usefullness or lack thereof of dogs... )Kind of reminds me of a south park quote here on discussing this kind of human being.... it it "That which has no life!"  So if in fact this is the case... how can you effectively argue and defend your position on this subject if you cannot respect and see the other side??  Same to you trucker for the most part... that is the main component of a good and effective debate is it not... to value and reference both sides and then claim why your way of thinking is the most logical one and whatnot... bla, bla, bla... I mean how can I argue on something I have no prior knowledge about???  It makes absolutely no sense and is in my mind a complete waste of time... perhaps you should take up a hobby - assuming you have any outside interests and influences that is cutter outside of this lil' forum...hahah

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2007 05:44 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
OutWest

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 18th, 2007
Mana: 
Here's Bad Gurrl's pet 'Nice doggy'

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2007 05:49 am
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
OutWest

Mana: 
You hate dogs??

HUMANE HERO: DOG GUIDES BLIND MAN DOWN 71 WTC FLOORS
Omar Eduardo Rivera was in his 71st floor office in the World Trade Center last week when tragedy struck. The blind Colombian man could hear pieces of glass falling, so he unleashed his guide dog, hoping that the golden retriever would escape. But, as Rivera told Reuters, "The dog was very nervous, and he ran off but came back and kept by my side. He didn't bark." Instead, the animal companion led his caretaker to an emergency exit, where both dog and Rivera's boss guided him down the stairs. "At first there was panic, and some people tried to run and go first," explained Rivera. "But most people behaved quite prudently and grasped what was happening, so we walked down in an orderly fashion, but it was slow-going."

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2007 05:51 am
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
OutWest

Mana: 
After Hurricane Katrina:

While teams in helicopters and boats snatched people and animals from harm's way, a black Labrador retriever was staging her own heroic rescue. One fortunate man told how, when the waters rose, the dog pulled him to higher ground and prevented his drowning. He fully credited her with saving his life. After the man's story was aired on television, a rescue team returned to save the dog.

Other reports told of a number of dogs staying faithfully beside the lifeless body of their owner. Though dehydrated and starving, they refused to leave the person they loved. Sadly, some of them aggressively guarded their deceased human family. It seems that the dogs were just as unwilling to leave their family members as the humans who refused rescue, preferring to wait and suffer with their pets. Such is the strength of the human/animal bond.

Last edited on Tue Jun 5th, 2007 05:52 am by OutWest

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2007 05:54 am
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
OutWest

Mana: 

A mixed breed named Woodie broke a hip when he leaped from an 80-foot cliff to rescue his owner's fiance, Ray, from drowning.

Ray fell from the cliff and landed face down in a shallow river. Woodie nudged his face above water until help arrived.

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2007 06:04 am
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
OutWest

Mana: 

This Poodle received six poisonous snakebites while protecting two children from a diamondback snake.

This mixed breed burned his nose and singed his coat while ensuring that his owner's disabled grandmother escaped from her burning house.

Sadie and her owner, Michael, went on a routine trip in the woods near their home. En route, Sadie's owner collapsed from a severe heart attack. Sadie, weighing only 45 pounds, dragged her unconscious 180 lb. owner all the way home and barked until his wife came to the door. Michael was rushed to a hospital, where life-saving emergency triple-bypass surgery was performed.

When Ringo's 2-year-old master wandered away from home and started playing in the midst of traffic, this mixed breed barked and ran circles around the boy to divert oncoming cars

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2007 06:09 am
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
OutWest

Mana: 
After watching a 2-year-old girl climbing into the back of a milk truck, Tang blocked the truck's path until the driver discovered the little girl.

Nicole Russell, who lived in Johannesburg, South Africa, was about to leave for work one morning when a car pulled up and 4 armed men jumped out and demanded her keys and purse. She held both arms out so that they could take her jewelry and keys, but in her confusion she didn't realize that she had handed them her house keys.

The men became agitated and violent when the keys would not unlock the car. Russell began to scream when one of the men grabbed her and began dragging her towards the car. Russell's mother, alerted by the screams, pushed a panic button in the house and ran into the garden where she was confronted by an attacker with a knife.

Bella, the family's 4 year-old Staffordshire Bull Terrier, was with the mother and she lunged at the man with the knife. She bit him several times on the leg and was shot in the head. In spite of her injury Bella continued to defend her family, until the men panicked and fled.

There was a point when a man, having just shot at Bella, turned his gun on Nichol and pulled the trigger. There was an empty click: either the gun had misfired or Bella had taken the bullet intended for Russell. When the men were gone Bella sat down and rolled.

As Nicole held the dog in her arms Bella looked at her quietly for a few minutes, then died. An autopsy showed that Bella's heart had been completely drained of blood in her fierce battle to protect her family.

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2007 06:14 am
  PMQuoteReply
9th Post
OutWest

Mana: 

Lorenzo Abundiz decided to go home while hiking in the woods after Cinder, his 4 year-old, Rottweiler began to behave strangely.

Abundiz collapsed from a heart attack moments after arriving home. The dog woke him by pushing the phone towards him, and he was able to call an ambulance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Kathie Vaughn's vehicle swerved off the road after something exploded under the hood. Kathie, who is paralyzed from the waist down brought her custom-designed van under control, which rapidly began to fill with smoke. Vaughn opened her door and ordered her dog Eve, a 104 pound Rottweiler, from the van as she tried to pull her wheelchair together.

Eve soon returned, grabbed her owner's diabled leg, and dragged Vaughn from the vehicle. Vaughn, who lost consciousness, was woken by an immense explosion that triggered Eve to drag her owner another 20 feet from the vehicle.

Last edited on Tue Jun 5th, 2007 06:16 am by OutWest

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2007 06:26 am
  PMQuoteReply
10th Post
OutWest

Mana: 

Those are just a few of the reasons why I LIKE dogs. I truly believe God made them with us in mind.

Still think dogs are dumb?

I wanted to use the washing machine, but my Dog wouldn't let me near the machine.

Then I heard the whine of the 7 week old kitten who had crawled inside the motor compartment, and gotten stuck.

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2007 06:28 am
  PMQuoteReply
11th Post
OutWest

Mana: 

YOU GOT KIDS? GOT A BABY? GET A DOG!!

......and before punching ME in the mouth... try it and my dog will eat you (Unless I just whup' ya first ;) )

Last edited on Tue Jun 5th, 2007 07:24 am by OutWest

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2007 07:40 am
  PMQuoteReply
12th Post
OutWest

Mana: 

HAILEY, Idaho (AP) - A house cat attacked its owner, sending her to the hospital with more than 20 bite wounds. The cat, a black and white domestic male, went on the rampage Wednesday when a neighbour showed up at the door with a different cat, mistakenly thinking it belonged to the woman

by harvey on 1/21/2007

I was bitten on the hand on the 5th of december by my 9yr old cat. my hand began to hurt that night, and by the next day it was red and swollen and i could not straighten my hand. on the 6th, i went to see my GP who put me on a dose of antibiotics and gave me a penicillin shot. my hand was put in a sling. i went and saw him again the next day and was told to come back the next day to check on it. it was getting worse though. on the friday (8th), i saw him again, and he arranged for me to see a hand surgeon

A FELINE war of terror has been waged on a disabled woman from Stourport who was hospitalised by an unprovoked attack by an unknown cat - in her own home.
Grandmother of two Linda Meredith was in the bedroom of her Burlish Park house at about 2.15pm on Saturday when a cat - which has spent the last nine weeks terrorising her and her pets - pounced on her, clawing a large chunk of flesh from her leg.

Now if you die in your home... and no one knows you are there.. and you have a dog.. the dog will stay with you until it either gets fed by a neighbor or starves to death.

The CAT won't starve though, because it will eat you first

and the more I learn about people, the more I like Dogs

Posted: Tue Jun 5th, 2007 07:44 am
  PMQuoteReply
13th Post
OutWest

Mana: 

Now here's one I read about in Ripley's 'Believe it or not'  Being that this was iffty years ago, I am sketchy on the details but:

A family in Indianapolis decided to give away their German Shepherd to friends on the Pacific Coast, namely in L.A. So off they went.

Three months later, there was a noise and scratching sound at the Indy couple's back door. That doggie had come home, across more than 2000 miles of country.

How do they know how to do that?

How did that Rotty know it's owner was gonna have a Heart attack?

I dunno either.

Posted: Wed Jun 6th, 2007 05:04 am
  PMQuoteReply
14th Post
Cutter

Mana: 
Oh boy it looks like I have incurred the wrath of the doggie cranks. I’m not sure which is worse the crap dogs leave on my lawn or the crap which is being spouted here in response to my recent post.

I know I am wasting my time on some of the pet loving halfwits who use this forum, however for those people who are not emotional retards and possess the ability to look at life from a semi logical and unbiased standpoint I would like to point out the following. 

Firstly dogs do stink. This is not open to discussion it’s a fact plain and simple. Ask any vet and they will tell you that apart from their bad breath and questionable personal hygiene habits all dogs tend to smell because of the keratin found in their hair.  Dog hair is also low in melanin and it is this shortage combined with high keratin which causes all dogs to smell especially when wet.

OK now that’s clear on to the next misunderstanding. Dogs are not people and don't have the same needs. Dogs don't need to go shoe shopping, clothing shopping, eat at restaurants or stay at doggie hotels. A dog is a dog. It has little or no self awareness and is not capable of social interaction beyond that a basic hierarchical pack infrastructure.   

Lastly, is it not strange that so many pet owners are so quick to form radical opinions of anyone who does not share their passion (or perversion) for keeping lower life forms around the home. On this forum alone we have had Meemo come to the conclusion that because I don’t like dogs I must be evil, fat, balding and middle aged. Trucker drops it down a cog by saying that I am jealous of dogs. Why? Well according to Trucker it’s because dogs can take dumps on the lawn and I can’t.  Last but not least we have Outwest taking a somewhat more basic approach to the whole topic by offering to rearrange my face. And all this because I dare to say I don’t like dogs. Hell I didn’t get this slammed when I said I didn’t like East Indians ;)

Posted: Wed Jun 6th, 2007 05:17 am
  PMQuoteReply
15th Post
OutWest

Mana: 

Just how do those dog stories make me a half wit? Any intelligent thinking man would find them interesting.

If you are an anti-dog type. Fine. Go kiss a cow instead (your girlfriend, maybe)

Posted: Wed Jun 6th, 2007 05:19 am
  PMQuoteReply
16th Post
OutWest

Mana: 
Nawww. My dog would do that (re-arrange the face)

Read those stories again. You got to admit, they are awesome.

Last edited on Wed Jun 6th, 2007 05:19 am by OutWest

Posted: Wed Jun 6th, 2007 05:21 am
  PMQuoteReply
17th Post
OutWest

Mana: 

If I was a dog, I'd crap on cutters lawn ;) . Hey, cheaper than buying fertilizer.

(do lawns grow in dry old Calgary?)

Posted: Wed Jun 6th, 2007 05:24 am
  PMQuoteReply
18th Post
OutWest

Mana: 

Hell I didn’t get this slammed when I said I didn’t like East Indians ;)

Heh-heh!! I will never slam you for that. I used to sell cars in Vancouver (25 yrs ago). Why do you think I quit? Two ethnic reasons. I gotta be careful here, but 95% of my hassles were from 10% of my customer base

You get to fill in the blanks

Posted: Wed Jun 6th, 2007 05:34 am
  PMQuoteReply
19th Post
OutWest

Mana: 

More about dogs. My first dog died in about 1977. 1 week later, raccoons had eaten a hole in the cedar shake roof and made their baby manger there. I'd never had raccoons near my place before then

Fished the critters out of there, fixed the roof. 3 days later, another hole in the roof.

3 days later... I went to the pound and found Major, a Shepherd Lab cross pup. Major grew up to be a fine raccoon hater. Lab body, Alsatian markings.

The cost of feeding him was worth the savings on roof shingles!

Last edited on Wed Jun 6th, 2007 05:35 am by OutWest

Posted: Wed Jun 13th, 2007 10:26 pm
  PMQuoteReply
20th Post
Lord of Midian

Joined TALKCalgary: Sat May 5th, 2007
Mana: 
I'm gonna go with the wisdom on that old bumper sticker here; it says it all better than I ever could:

"The more I learn about people, the more I love my cat."

Cutter, nothin' personal, ole' buddy, but you seem like a very small, sad, and deeply damaged individual to me...and this is coming from someone who would happily and immediately shoot several of his neighbour's dogs--**BLEEP**ing things never stop barking and I work nightshifts--if he could get away with it.

My kitty passed away from old age a few months ago...I miss him. Moment of silence, please: Wylde William, Sir Catt (aka "Billy") b. ~1990, d. 04/2007.

There is very little bad in this world that stroking a cat and feeling it purr under your hand can't make at least a little less so...

OK, moment's over...now you can go back to your small, hateful little exisitence (I couldn't possibly call living with an outlook/mien like that "life."), and look for more things to cut apart, smugly patting yourself on the back for your intellectual pretensions putting one over on the rest of us stupidios.

Tell me one thing mate: does "suicide" enter your thoughts ever? Please do evolution a favour--and from what I can see, yourself--like, soon, OK. Poor, pitiful little human...

Posted: Wed Jun 13th, 2007 10:52 pm
  PMQuoteReply
21st Post
trailmix

Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Mana: 
How about....some people just like dogs?  I don't have a dog, don't really want a dog (also, I have never figured out why people have to take the dog for a 'walk' to do its business - I think the owner's yard is the best place for that).

That said - people have the right to have a dog, some people love dogs, the problem - well there are 2:

1.  People keep forgetting other people have the right to do things - some things you may not like.

2.  Outwest posts 10-15 times on a subject :)

Posted: Thu Jun 14th, 2007 03:58 am
  PMQuoteReply
22nd Post
Cutter

Mana: 
You know all this has shown is that (some) pet lovers such as Trucker and co, are fanatical about their pets and as we all know, the line between fanaticism and insanity is a fine one indeed. Such fanatics see their animals as children and care for them as such. Well people I have news for you, they’re not children they’re animals plain and simple. 

Having a dog is one thing, trying to impose human values on it is another. As I said before dogs have no need to stay at doggie hotels, eat sirloin steak, and have makeovers. Poodles dressed up in bows and ribbons look almost as retarded as their owners.

Personally I can’t see the need for any animal with more than two legs to live in a house. Truker may well call me sad but I feel houses are for people not animals. However, as Trailmix so rightly points out, it’s a free world and people have the right to do as they wish, and if that includes sharing their homes with animals then good luck to them.  

I would however like to pose one final question on this subject, and that is this. When does sharing ones home with an animal become unacceptable? For example, Michael Jackson was ridiculed when he adopted a chimpanzee for a pet. People who keep arachnids or invertebrates in glass tanks are often seen as weird. How so? Why is it socially expectable to keep one pet and not another?

Last edited on Thu Jun 14th, 2007 04:03 am by Cutter

Posted: Mon Jul 16th, 2007 04:49 pm
  PMQuoteReply
23rd Post
Lord of Midian

Joined TALKCalgary: Sat May 5th, 2007
Mana: 
Very simple:

If the pet is a danger to others--IE an extremely vicious dog--and/or if the owner is unable/unwilling to care for it/police it responsibly, then it is not acceptable. Makes sense, no...?

Posted: Thu Jul 19th, 2007 06:34 am
  PMQuoteReply
24th Post
Admin

Joined TALKCalgary: Mon Apr 24th, 2006
Mana: 
Sue-B wrote: If the operators of this forum have any sense of decency they should ban you from spreading your twisted views.

Sue in answer to your remarks suggesting that TALKCalgary should ban a user of this forum. 

As long as members keep to the forum guidelines they (as are you) are free to talk about whatever they wish. Free speech is the fundamental idea behind TALKCalgary. While some postings may have come a little close to the edge on occasion none have ever given grounds for banning a user. That said we do have a strong sence of decency and would not hestite to act on anyone who violated our forum guidlines. 

Please feel free to send us a private message if you suspect that any of our guidlines have in fact been broken.

Mike Tester
Talk Calgary Moderator   

Posted: Thu Jul 19th, 2007 10:33 pm
  PMQuoteReply
25th Post
Cutter

Mana: 
This is pure dog crap. Sue wakeup and get real. Dogs are dogs not people. To say that you have to feed them on stake because they won't eat dog food just makes you sound like some kind of retard. Try leaving the dog food out all day and they will eat it eventually. As for your comments likening cock fighting to rodeos I simply don’t know how to even begin to respond to that one.    

Posted: Fri Jul 20th, 2007 12:51 am
  PMQuoteReply
26th Post
trailmix

Mana: 
People like you Cutter are simply sad twisted rednecks who support rodeos and cock fighting. The world would be a lot better without you Cutter. If the operators of this forum have any sense of decency they should ban you from spreading your twisted views.
Cutter and I don't necessarily see eye to eye on a lot of things - however - I don't see how the fact that he hates dogs makes him a sad twisted redneck who supports rodeos and cock fighting - that's quite a leap.

As for the comment about the operators, sense of decency etc etc. - are you serious?

Posted: Fri Jul 20th, 2007 01:22 pm
  PMQuoteReply
27th Post
trailmix

Mana: 
And folks it's 'steak' not stake

A 'stake' is something you put in your flower bed, for instance, to hold up your tomato plants.  A 'steak' is something you apparently feed your doggie. :)

Posted: Sat Feb 23rd, 2008 09:33 pm
  PMQuoteReply
28th Post
Foryou

Joined TALKCalgary: Sat Feb 23rd, 2008
Mana: 
Sue-b that was possibly one of the worst comments i have ever read. First of all, If you feed your dog steak instead of dog food your killing it so cutter doesn't have to. second of all theres nothing wrong with rodeos. If you argue that then, why do you keep your dog locked up in a house or yard or perhaps even kennel. im sure its not for its enjoyment.

Cutter you're being a little bit rediculous. Its true that dogs are sometime useless and annoying. I know I have one. But some people are better off with a dog to be a companion because perhaps they loved thier animals to much to make real friends. Dogs can be very useful in many situations and quite entertaining sometimes

Posted: Sun Feb 24th, 2008 03:55 pm
  PMQuoteReply
29th Post
Sue-B

Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 5th, 2007
Mana: 
I know Rodeo is cruel because I have seen how the animals are treated. A few years ago we had grandstand seats at the Stamped on the side which overlooks the holding pens. We saw people kicking and using electric cattle prods on the livestock. Is this not cruel? But perhaps the sickest thing was when one of the announcers held up a device that is designed to make the horses and bulls buck more by tying up its testicles. Although, he did try and say it was for the animals "own good". Most of the crowd were horrified that the Calgary Stamped could be so perverted as to brag about how they make the animals buck in such a violent way.

Posted: Fri May 9th, 2008 07:58 pm
  PMQuoteReply
30th Post
Rubiness

Joined TALKCalgary: Fri May 9th, 2008
Mana: 
You can hate dogs that's fine.  You do seem to think dogs are semi useless and a lot of worthless work.  For me I'm excited to have my dogs pull me on skis/on a sled and they also motivate me to exercise (I tire them out by riding my bike at the park).

As far as crap on your lawn well I always clean up after my dogs but obviously not everyone does.  It's the same as anyone else.  A lot of people shouldn't be driving but that doesn't mean no one should have a car.

I can see why non dog owners want nothing to do with dogs but I can also see why dog owners love their dogs.

Last edited on Fri May 9th, 2008 08:02 pm by Rubiness

Posted: Tue Sep 9th, 2008 09:32 pm
  PMQuoteReply
31st Post
joannl

Joined TALKCalgary: Tue Sep 9th, 2008
Mana: 
I love dogs!

Posted: Fri Nov 21st, 2008 05:53 am
  PMQuoteReply
32nd Post
dacidra

Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Nov 20th, 2008
Mana: 
I find your rant about dog owners rather ignorant. You do know one of the reasons why people have pets is because it brings joy in their lives. And if people find joy in dressing them up - so what? Why should it bother you so much what other people choose to do in their own lives? You shouldn't judge others when you don't understand why their pet means so much to them. Don't be so narrow-minded.

And calling dog owners "stupid ass-sniffing mutts" - that's hardly mature, is it?

Posted: Wed Nov 26th, 2008 04:04 am
  PMQuoteReply
33rd Post
Cutter

Mana: 
What about the dog, do you think it likes being dressed up? For pity’s sake people a dog is a dog. It’s not a person, child, or even a doll, its just a smelly stupid dog!  

Posted: Thu Nov 27th, 2008 10:25 am
  PMQuoteReply
34th Post
BadGRRRL

Joined TALKCalgary: Mon May 1st, 2006
Mana: 
I dress up my dogs whenever I can.  I also make it a habit to dress up my cats when I get the chance. It's my little "payback" for barfing on the couch.  I take pictures for all their little animal buddies to see and make sure their sufficiently humiliated.   Ahhhhh Life is good!

Posted: Sat Dec 21st, 2013 11:05 am
  PMQuoteReply
35th Post
MaxieMelve02
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Hair extensions and hairpieces really can help to improve the looking of people and help to  change them a lot hair extensions and hairpieces if choosing the right type and right style of hair wigs for you, of course that you will look and become more and more attractive and also buy cheap hair wigs now is easy as you can just get the ideal style that you want online at online shops now. I have just buy me a medium black wig and it is perfect.

Posted: Wed Jan 22nd, 2014 11:41 pm
  PMQuoteReply
36th Post
Calgaryfurnacecleaning1

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Jan 8th, 2014
Mana: 
Dog is one of the best animal of the world, Even I will say dogs are better then many people.

Current time is 12:49 pm

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1853 seconds (7% database + 93% PHP). 31 queries executed.