TALKCalgary - Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
TALKCalgary - Forums > Calgary Stuff > General Talk > World Policeman – If Not Us, Who?

You are viewing in limited guest access mode only. For full access please login or register

World Policeman – If Not Us, Who?
 Moderated by: Admin Page:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2007 05:34 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
Dana



Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Jun 28th, 2007
Location: Nevada USA
Posts: 25
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
As much as I love all you guys up north I would like to clear up this "America are the policemen to the world" myth that keeps rearing in ugly head in some of your postings.

First of all why is America the world’s only superpower? Is it because we destroyed the other superpowers in aggressive wars? No, it’s because as OutWest pointed out in a previous post, we have the world’s most successful economic system, and we devote about 4 percent of our gross domestic product to defense. Many other nations saddled their economies with the inefficiencies of socialism. At the same time, they decided to leave the burden of defense to somebody else – or to no one. All they knew was that they didn’t want it.

Why is America the world’s policeman? Is it because we forced the U.N. to give up this role? No, it’s because the U.N. and its other members have repeatedly proved themselves unable or unwilling to fulfill the role.

We didn’t grab the badge of world policeman and rip it off the shirt of the U.N. or of any nation. We found it in the gutter, where it had been discarded and abandoned. We picked it up, polished it and looked around to see if anyone wanted it. When no one claimed it, we pinned it on our own shirt.

If you are small and weak, you may have to tolerate bullies. But if you’re the biggest kid in the schoolyard, you don’t have to. What’s more, you shouldn’t tolerate them, even if they leave you alone and bully the smaller kids. And if the bullies aren’t afraid of you, the weaker kids will be in trouble, and eventually so will you.

As the strongest kid, it’s your duty to fight bullies. If you don’t, who will?
We are the biggest kid in the schoolyard. In part, this may be luck. In part, it may be due to the good upbringing our parents provided for us.

But whatever the reason, we are the strongest, and that carries responsibilities. If we choose not to shoulder them, that doesn’t mean we have no responsibilities – it means we are shirking them. The responsibilities remain ours, whatever we do.

Back To Top


 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2007 06:29 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
george

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Aug 16th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 27
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
pretty full of yourself and your country are you not? look at you yankees and your economy its falling down the craper , the smartest i would say not. Our dollar will outpace yours, who has the trillions of dollarsin debt. Strongest my ars! i would beat any yankee down any day! should they ever try and attack us the world would be on our side and the STates would fall. you guys may have a millitary but we got friends something the states does not have only enemys. Think your big and touph! bring it on! 

Last edited on Sat Aug 18th, 2007 06:31 pm by george

Back To Top


 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2007 06:33 pm
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
trailmix



Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 208
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
When you quote someone it is generally good form to acknowledge their words.

David C. Stolinsky - Monday, April 7, 2003

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/4/6/184444.shtml

 

 

 

Back To Top


 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2007 06:46 pm
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
george

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Aug 16th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 27
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
CHINA ,also allot bigger! they would spank you guys any day! you guys cannot even catch bin laden let alone take on a super power. how about Russia? can you guys deal with them, no you would run with your tail behind your legs. Just a matter of time and the tides will turn, the world is getting sick of you yanks. Trust me if Canadians of all people hate you guys, you got a big bone to settle.

Back To Top


 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2007 07:18 pm
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Dana



Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Jun 28th, 2007
Location: Nevada USA
Posts: 25
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 

Actually if your being pedantic it’s Dr. David C. Stolinsky. And his quotes are widely posted on thousands of forums worldwide. But you’re right Trail, I should have attributed his quote. Sorry my mistake. 

As for the comments made by George, do you really thinks that Canada (or any other country including China or what’s left of Russia) could stand up against the might of the US? When did Canada become a super power? Please don’t take this personally, but what little military force you have is both chronically under funded and undermanned. On the world stage, Canada with its fleet of second hand submarines and out dated armed vehicles is not taken that seriously. That’s not to say Canada doesn’t have an impotent roll to play in global politics. It’s just that Canada is not and never will be a force in world peace keeping in the same way as we are. 

As for all Canadians disliking the US, well that’s your opinion. I would say that the majority of Canadians are only too happy with the trade and protection we provide Canada. Tell me what would you guys do if the US suddenly stopped buying your, lumber, beef, oil and gas? Not to mention all your maple syrup. Wake up to reality George and stop biting the hand that feeds you!

Back To Top


 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2007 07:53 pm
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
trailmix



Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 208
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 

Please don’t take this personally, but what little military force you have is both chronically under funded and undermanned. On the world stage, Canada with its fleet of second hand submarines and out dated armed vehicles is not taken that seriously. That’s not to say Canada doesn’t have an impotent roll to play in global politics. It’s just that Canada is not and never will be a force in world peace keeping in the same way as we are.

Personally?  Our military may be underfunded and perhaps undermanned - I think that is perhaps your (and some Canadians) perception, however it is our choice how we spend our money - it is not up to the U.S..  Do you not think that the trillions in dollars that the U.S. borrows from other countries does not make them incredibly vunerable as well - perhaps even more so than having a smaller military force.

Plus your broad statement that Canada is not and never will be a force in world peace (there are other ways to peace aside from war), in my opinion, is slightly off the wall, but I don't have a crystal ball....

stop biting the hand that feeds you!

Ok, this is just a bit pompous, don't you think?  You have to ask the flip side to your own question - what would the U.S. do without its imports from Canada.

Oh and if you don't want our Maple Syrup we will keep that thank you very much.

Back To Top


 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2007 08:00 pm
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
george

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Aug 16th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 27
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The bigger question might be what would happen to the U.S if they did not have our oil and gas to buy.? we can always turn around and sell it to China or any ohther country on the planet. like really, like we need the U.S.

as for peacekeeping that is what Canada does, the u.s on the hand goes to war and attacks<---that is not peace keeping.

now lets say the yanks were all about democracy and peace, how come they dont attack china or something then, look at all the human rights violations are inflicted on there people...nope instead Americans suport there sweatshops etc. they rather make up story's about weapon's of mass destruction and cause a war of terror.

like you said u got a millitary, and sure ya can probly blow up my country, but who cares. WE are democratic unlike you guys we figured out that negotiations go allot farther than blowing some guys head off. Like i said Canada has many friends, we dont need weapons we are smarter than that,, should we be attacked the world has our back, something the states does not have. It would be the Americans worst nightmare should they pick a war with Canada, in essence we are stronger.

Back To Top


 Posted: Sun Aug 19th, 2007 12:42 am
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
Dana



Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Jun 28th, 2007
Location: Nevada USA
Posts: 25
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Trail, I agree that it’s not for the USA to tell your government how to spent their money. I never said it was. All I was asking is what kind of government would buy used obsolete military equipments for their troops? 
 
When your government bought aged second hand submarines from the British for the Canadian navy it became a laughing stock around the world. OK so you can't afford to have a real navy, so what? That’s nothing to be ashamed of. However, if you can't afford big boys toys don’t try to play with the big boys.

As for your exports, it’s simply not true to even imply that Canada could do without our trade. 

Following your BSE outbreak Canadian farmers were down on their hands and knees begging us to lift our ban on imported Canadian beef. The same is true of restrictions we have on Canadian lumber. As for oil and gas, don’t be fooled simple fact of the matter is that your need to sell it is far greater than our need to buy it. 

One last thing did you not in a previous post say you were moving to the USA yourself in search a better life? If so can I be the first to say welcome! I think you are going to love the American lifestyle. You will also find that we have the utmost respect for our Canadian little brothers even if they don’t share the same admirations about us. 

Happy trails, Trail.

Back To Top


 Posted: Sun Aug 19th, 2007 02:34 am
  PMQuoteReply
9th Post
trailmix



Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 208
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Dana wrote: One last thing did you not in a previous post say you were moving to the USA yourself in search a better life? If so can I be the first to say welcome! I think you are going to love the American lifestyle. You will also find that we have the utmost respect for our Canadian little brothers even if they don’t share the same admirations about us. 


Your reply is obviously intended to be argumentative - but I simply can't reply to your points (if you can call them that?) simply because they are so wrong on so many levels.

However, if you are going to quote me, please ensure you get it right.  We are not, nor have I ever said, that we are moving to the U.S. 'for a better life'. 

Back To Top


 Posted: Sun Aug 19th, 2007 03:26 am
  PMQuoteReply
10th Post
Dana



Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Jun 28th, 2007
Location: Nevada USA
Posts: 25
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
trailmix wrote: Your reply is obviously intended to be argumentative - but I simply can't reply to your points (if you can call them that?) simply because they are so wrong on so many levels.

However, if you are going to quote me, please ensure you get it right.  We are not, nor have I ever said, that we are moving to the U.S. 'for a better life'. 


So if not for a better life, why would you want to move to the states?

You say you "can't reply" to my points because they are argumentative. How so? I have a point of view which I think I have made. Presumably you have one yourself the problem would appear Sir that you are unable to back yours up.

OK since I don't wish to upset you, how about I just agree with you?

We in the States are totally dependent on Canada as a trading partner. Our military is dwarfed by the might of the Canadian armed forces. And with nothing better do with our time we have decided to try and force peace on the rest of the world.

Happy?

Back To Top


 Posted: Sun Aug 19th, 2007 04:00 am
  PMQuoteReply
11th Post
trailmix



Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 208
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
So if not for a better life, why would you want to move to the states?

For fun?  For something to do? 

You say you "can't reply" to my points because they are argumentative. How so? I have a point of view which I think I have made.

I did not say that.  What I said was that you were being argumentative.  I also said that I couldn't reply to your arguments "because they are so wrong on so many levels".

Presumably you have one yourself the problem would appear Sir that you are unable to back yours up.

I could back it up if I chose to, maybe when I feel more like typing I will - and I am not a sir.

OK since I don't wish to upset you, how about I just agree with you?

That's your perogative - you haven't upset me, I just disagree with what you have said.
 

 

Back To Top


 Posted: Sun Aug 19th, 2007 05:14 am
  PMQuoteReply
12th Post
george

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Aug 16th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 27
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Posting Removed
 
Although TALKCalgary supports the right of free speech, this posting was removed as it breached our listed terms and conditions. 

TALKCalgary

Back To Top


 Posted: Sun Aug 19th, 2007 07:08 pm
  PMQuoteReply
13th Post
Cutter



Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 26th, 2006
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 145
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
The US is our largest trading partner to stop trading with them would cost Canada billions.

Although American exports account for a large percentage of our oil and gas production. they represent only a fraction of the total carbon fuel requirements of the US. Bottom line again it would damage us more than the US should we decide to stop selling them our energy resources.

OK we could sell to China, but would we want to? China is the only place on earth that consumes resources faster than the US. In-fact China's consumption of world resources such as concrete, steel, oil and gas is now greater than the combined requirements of the rest of the world. Now there’s something to think about.!

Back To Top


 Posted: Sun Aug 19th, 2007 07:18 pm
  PMQuoteReply
14th Post
trailmix



Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 208
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Cutter wrote: The US is our largest trading partner to stop trading with them would cost Canada billions.

Although American exports account for a large percentage of our oil and gas production. they represent only a fraction of the total carbon fuel requirements of the US. Bottom line again it would damage us more than the US should we decide to stop selling them our energy resources.

OK we could sell to China, but would we want to? China is the only place on earth that consumes resources faster than the US. In-fact China's consumption of world resources such as concrete, steel, oil and gas is now greater than the combined requirements of the rest of the world. Now there’s something to think about.!

So you are saying it is a no-no for us to sell to the largest consumer of the world's resources - but it's A-OK to sell to the second largest consumer of the world's resources?  If so, that's very selective logic.

Back To Top


 Posted: Sun Aug 19th, 2007 07:47 pm
  PMQuoteReply
15th Post
Cutter



Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 26th, 2006
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 145
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Not at all, both the US and China are equally greedy and irresponsible when it comes to the consumption of natural resources.  Personally my concerns about trading with China would be human rights based. Let’s not hide our heads in the sand here, when it comes to moral values of any kind China stinks.

Recently the Communist Party of China (CPC) may have made an attempt to show a "certain" amount of tolerance with people who don’t share its views but only in order that they can get what they want from the rest of the world. Even so, I dont think we would be having this discussion if we lived in China do you?

Back To Top


 Posted: Sun Aug 19th, 2007 08:49 pm
  PMQuoteReply
16th Post
trailmix



Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 208
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
No, probably not, but I thought we were talking about the U.S. and Canada.  I would like to have this conversation, but it's off topic - if you start a new topic on it that would be great!  I think it's a good conversation to have, human rights, whether in China or other places and also how we do - or don't, contribute to allowing other countries to trounce on people's rights.

Last edited on Sun Aug 19th, 2007 08:50 pm by trailmix

Back To Top


 Posted: Sun Aug 19th, 2007 09:40 pm
  PMQuoteReply
17th Post
Dana



Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Jun 28th, 2007
Location: Nevada USA
Posts: 25
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
If we are even being compared to China then perhaps we do have an image problem. 

As I originally said it is not our goal to be “policeman to the world”. It’s simply that as a world super power we have a duty to lead by example and protect the people of the world. 

Should you take the time to visit our government website you will see the official agenda on which our foreign policy is based. It reads “To create a more secure, democratic, and prosperous world for the benefit of the American people and the international community” What is so wrong with that? Is this being a world policeman? No. It is more akin to being a good parent who tries to ensure that their child grows up with an understanding of right and wrong.

Back To Top


 Posted: Mon Aug 20th, 2007 01:36 am
  PMQuoteReply
18th Post
trailmix



Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 208
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
What you don't understand is that the rest of the world, or perhaps I should rephrase that - what you don't understand is that Canada doesn't need a parent.  (Doesn't need it doesn't want it).

Back To Top


 Posted: Mon Aug 20th, 2007 03:01 am
  PMQuoteReply
19th Post
Dana



Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Jun 28th, 2007
Location: Nevada USA
Posts: 25
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Canada may not be in need of a guiding parent but there are still many places in the world that are. For example the Middle East, where both our countries are committing vast resources to instill western democracy.  Perhaps one day we will sing from the same songbook but as I tell my students, until that day we must all (including Canada) try our best to help bring about world harmony by providing clarity of vision to those who cannot see the light.

Back To Top


 Posted: Mon Aug 20th, 2007 03:37 am
  PMQuoteReply
20th Post
trailmix



Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 208
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
What if 'your vision' is entirely different from those you wish to enlighten?

I don't see our peace keeping mission in Afganistan as providing clarity of vision to Afghans, or anyone else.  We are there because they want us there to help, no more no less.

You appear to have a very arrogant attitude about your country, I don't think you speak for most Americans - or maybe you do, after all you elected George W!

The next election will show how that attitude may have changed.




Last edited on Mon Aug 20th, 2007 03:43 am by trailmix

Back To Top


 Posted: Mon Aug 20th, 2007 04:26 am
  PMQuoteReply
21st Post
Dana



Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Jun 28th, 2007
Location: Nevada USA
Posts: 25
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Not entirely true. They don’t want us there, that is why they are killing our troops. However with time they will come to embrace our values and learn that democracy is the only way to true peace. Arrogant? I don’t think so, like all Americans I am open to the fact that we may have our faults, but overall we are doing our best to bring about world peace. As for George W, he also may have his faults but he understands that the world needs strong leadership even if it makes him unpopular and that above all else is why we reelected him. Please don’t be fooled by the Michael Moore’s of this world who spread anti-American lies. Most Americans support Mr. Bush. As for Clinton, I don’t think so.     

Back To Top


 Posted: Mon Aug 20th, 2007 04:45 am
  PMQuoteReply
22nd Post
trailmix



Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 208
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Dana wrote: They don’t want us there

I'm not saying that terrorists or militant groups want anyone there - but you can't say that about all Afghans - not all Afghans are terrorists.... 

Most Americans support Mr. Bush.

It seems to me that you make statements which have no basis in fact.  If I am wrong about this please explain the comment above.

What is his approval rating at currently - 35% or so?  I do not think that figure represents support by "most" Americans - but you do - can you explain to me how you came to this conclusion?

 

Back To Top


 Posted: Mon Aug 20th, 2007 04:56 am
  PMQuoteReply
23rd Post
Dana



Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Jun 28th, 2007
Location: Nevada USA
Posts: 25
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
OK First of all you can’t believe the polls. If you recall they said something similar before the last election and Bush won.

I never said that all Afghans are terrorists or militant groups. Yes some think as we do and want us there but some have yet to be convinced that Democracy is the only true way. These are the people that we must convert. And these are the people that we must protect the converted from.  

You know its strange but I just finished watching a sci-fi flick called “The Day The Earth Stood Still” It tells the story of a humanoid alien who comes to Earth to warn its leaders not to take their conflicts into space, or they will face devastating consequences. The interesting thing is that the guy from space chooses America to convey his message. This got me thinking how many other films also depict the American way as the true future of mankind. In fact have you ever seen a futuristic movie that is not based on American values? Even Star Trek is based around a future where all mankind has joined America to travel the stars. OK I know this I am being a bit tongue-in-cheek here but you have to ask yourself why do so many idealistic futurists base their stories on the American way of life?   

Back To Top


 Posted: Mon Aug 20th, 2007 05:09 am
  PMQuoteReply
24th Post
Cutter



Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 26th, 2006
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 145
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
You know Dana assuming that’s your picture at the side of your posts you sure are one good looking chick. Unfortunately like most Americans you are as nutty as a fruit cake. It is said that Americans are their own worst enemies. Well you sure as hell are proof of that. Do yourself a favor and put your shrink on danger money.

Love Cutter.

Back To Top


 Posted: Mon Aug 20th, 2007 10:59 pm
  PMQuoteReply
25th Post
Dana



Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Jun 28th, 2007
Location: Nevada USA
Posts: 25
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
There is another saying which states that “people in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones”. Cutter jugging from your previous posts it’s your shrink who should be on hazard pay. Anyway, I was talking to Trail didn’t your mother tell you it’s rude to interrupt your betters? Be a good little boy and go play with your puppy. Oh forgot you have a thing about puppies don’t you.

Back To Top


 Posted: Mon Aug 20th, 2007 11:02 pm
  PMQuoteReply
26th Post
Lord of Midian

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Sat May 5th, 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 104
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I'm not even going to adress this woman's stupid, dictated-to-her jingo-ism: it's the same worn-to-DEATH simple-minded Yankee garbage every **BLEEP**ing time, and:

A) My blood boils just thinking about it, and I just don't have the energy to spare for this anymore

B) Nothing anyone says will change it, because people in general will believe whatever they want to believe regardless.

I just have two questions:

1) Why the **BLEEP** is an American on a Canadian forum ramming AmeriKKKa down our throats in the first place, when she lives in Nevada? What does she care?

2) Why does it seem like I'm the only one here who seems to care about the fact that Dana and these other Yankees have absolutley no respect for our sensibilities, even though she/they are "guests" in our "house," as it were?

Not to mention the fact that THEY need OUR resources.

**BLEEP**ing get something straight, Yankee: Just because your corpororations bought and paid for our government into allowing you to--in all effective terms--take our country over, doesn't mean you are either wanted or welcome here, or more to the point, NEEDED. The NAFTA betrayal seems solid proof of this. You need us. We do not, and never have, needed you...

This thread's O.P. tells me everything I need to know in most other modes vis-a-vis Americans in general, as if I didn't know that already...yes, I know I'm generalising. Guess what, Dana: SO ARE YOU. Feels good, doesn't it...

Back To Top


 Posted: Mon Aug 20th, 2007 11:23 pm
  PMQuoteReply
27th Post
Dana



Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Jun 28th, 2007
Location: Nevada USA
Posts: 25
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Lord of Midian wrote:
**BLEEP**ing get something straight, Yankee: Just because your corpororations bought and paid for our government...

----------------------------------------------------------

Oh Midian you are such an excellent example of a stereotypical, beer swilling, hockey playing retard. 

As you said yourself, our corpororations have bought and paid for your government a long time ago so, tread lightly, grow-up and stop acting like a little bitch girl.

Back To Top


 Posted: Tue Aug 21st, 2007 01:38 am
  PMQuoteReply
28th Post
trailmix



Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 208
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Well actually, if I were an Afghan woman and had no, or very few rights, I'd be happy to see an American or a Canadian!

I agree that in most cases countries should be left alone to sort out their own problems, only when human rights are being violated do I think it's correct for the U.N. and individual countries to get involved.

And before you comment on that Dana, remember that the U.S. declared war on Iraq - they didn't go there on a peace keeping mission.

Certainly I agree that the U.S. and Canada should also get their houses in order - as well as helping other countries (I don't see it as an either-or situation).

 

Back To Top


 Posted: Tue Aug 21st, 2007 04:10 am
  PMQuoteReply
29th Post
Dana



Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Jun 28th, 2007
Location: Nevada USA
Posts: 25
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I think you are all reading me wrong. Let me try and start again. Now this may be an over simplification but consider this. If your next door neighbor was hitting his wife and kids would you be prepared to simply do nothing and watch them take a battering?  After all, what right do you have to go onto his property and tell him it’s wrong to do what he is doing? Are you not taking on the roll of lawman?

Back To Top


 Posted: Tue Aug 21st, 2007 08:39 am
  PMQuoteReply
30th Post
OutWest

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 18th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 253
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Have another beer, George.

 If not for the US we would be speaking Russian already, and driving a Lada... after a 3 year wait to be able to buy one.


 Our debt per capita ratio is at least 20% higher than our US counterparts, and our tax freedom day is July, theirs is late April. ...and the average US marine will kick your butt without even getting angry... just a matter of routine


Will someone please explain to George what 'Tax-freedom day' means?


 


Last edited on Tue Aug 21st, 2007 08:43 am by OutWest

Back To Top


 Posted: Tue Aug 21st, 2007 08:45 am
  PMQuoteReply
31st Post
OutWest

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 18th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 253
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
 

Actually, Dana, if you stopped buying our Oil and gas, and electricity... you would freeze to death in the winter and cook to death all summer. In short, we need each other

 

Back To Top


 Posted: Tue Aug 21st, 2007 09:00 am
  PMQuoteReply
32nd Post
OutWest

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 18th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 253
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 



Hot Water
Member
 





Joined TALKCalgary: 
Sat Aug 18th, 2007

Location: 
Texas USA

Posts: 
1

Status: 
Offline

Mana: 

 Posted: Mon Aug 20th, 2007 06:49 pm




 
Quote
 
 
Reply
 

[url=mailto:%$@##ing]%$@##ing[/url] BinLaden by the hair and publicly hanging the ba$turd

I fully and totally support the US being in Afghanistan. Those creeps are also interested in blowing up the operations at Suncor and Syncrude... even though we Canadians smugly assume the world loves us. It doesn't

Iran would love to bury us, as they hate us. WHY? because we have something their nasty leaders and religious nuts totally abhor: FREEDOM

As for the Canadian Armed Forces. We are a courageous lot, if in battle, however... we USED to have the toughest airforce in the world. Now we have an air farce.

Our military is treated like third rate citzens and are underpaid terribly. Israel prob has the strongest Air force on this planet.

Lastly... I sense that Dana is a Republican. This means she is politcally right wing. Left wing is for commies, socialists and freeloaders.    (and lordofmidian)

Have a nice day

 

Back To Top


 Posted: Tue Aug 21st, 2007 09:03 am
  PMQuoteReply
33rd Post
OutWest

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 18th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 253
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I wish I knew how to copy a post like my good friend trail mix.

TRAILMIX!  I need help here

  Scratch that, I finally figured out what the 'Quote' button is for. (ME: over 60 and only had a comp for 6 years) Most of my peers think START is an automotive product



 

Last edited on Tue Aug 21st, 2007 09:19 am by OutWest

Back To Top


 Posted: Tue Aug 21st, 2007 09:17 am
  PMQuoteReply
34th Post
OutWest

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 18th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 253
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
george wrote: CHINA ,also allot bigger! they would spank you guys any day! you guys cannot even catch bin laden let alone take on a super power. how about Russia? can you guys deal with them, no you would run with your tail behind your legs. Just a matter of time and the tides will turn, the world is getting sick of you yanks. Trust me if Canadians of all people hate you guys, you got a big bone to settle.

MAN oh man... you are thinking with something other than your head.

 IMAGINE if the US was no longer a power. RED CHINA would be our big brother and RUSSIA our constant bully. THINK of what that would be like... I will say this just once:

If the USA ever goes down, the world will be in chaos, and will end up under one huge dictatorship... AND, there will be nowhere to run to, if you are an oppressed person/nation, etc

I am not crazy about George Bush, as I don't think he has a clue as to what's really going on. His daddy is a globalist, a cult member of skull and bones society..and that's scary. Hilary is scarier yet, though. CNN will do all it can to get her elected.

Our guys aren't much better, in fact idiots like (I can't remember the name of that mouthy francophone) are much worse

Most of Canada's Anti-American sentiments have been the result of brainwashing by the radical left, on our campuses, and through our left-wing media. Most of us in Canada do not think for ourselves... but we believe we are doing just that when we spew our hatred of the most generous nation on the face of this Earth*

That's the good ol' US of A

(How vain we are to think we are the sweetheart of the world!)

 

 

Back To Top


 Posted: Tue Aug 21st, 2007 09:23 am
  PMQuoteReply
35th Post
OutWest

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 18th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 253
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
 

Millions of US dollars are leaving your country and going into Mexico. 15-20 million illegals. You guys need to fix this, and fast. Also, if the repubs are pushing to get North America into a one Economy system; you need to get mad fast. Mexico is run by a small troop of multi billionaires and the rest of that country is dirt poor.

In fact, you should get your troops out of Iraq and invade Mexico, as they just might be your un-doing

 

Back To Top


 Posted: Tue Aug 21st, 2007 09:26 am
  PMQuoteReply
36th Post
OutWest

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 18th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 253
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Cutter wrote: The US is our largest trading partner to stop trading with them would cost Canada billions.

Although American exports account for a large percentage of our oil and gas production. they represent only a fraction of the total carbon fuel requirements of the US. Bottom line again it would damage us more than the US should we decide to stop selling them our energy resources.

OK we could sell to China, but would we want to? China is the only place on earth that consumes resources faster than the US. In-fact China's consumption of world resources such as concrete, steel, oil and gas is now greater than the combined requirements of the rest of the world. Now there’s something to think about.!


Oh I think about it. It can collapse like a house of cards, only faster. All the Chinese dictators have to do is outlaw the corporation... and then renege on their debts. Red China has zero business ethics and no moral conscience whatsoever.

I trust the US a whole lot more than those dirty sob's

 

Back To Top


 Posted: Tue Aug 21st, 2007 01:46 pm
  PMQuoteReply
37th Post
trailmix



Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 208
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Dana wrote: I think you are all reading me wrong. Let me try and start again. Now this may be an over simplification but consider this. If your next door neighbor was hitting his wife and kids would you be prepared to simply do nothing and watch them take a battering?  After all, what right do you have to go onto his property and tell him it’s wrong to do what he is doing? Are you not taking on the roll of lawman?


I do think this is an over simplification of the points you have previously made.  What happened to "providing clarity of vision to those who cannot see the light."

After you go over and break up that fight are you going to counsel the couple to make sure they can see the light?  Will you explain to them how you and your husband handle conflict and then set up a post in their living room to make sure they understand your point of view?  If they invite you in to their living room to do so, that's one thing, if you barge in with a weapon, that's something else.

Sometimes people need help - there is right and wrong and everyone needs to stand up for the oppressed - however - there is a line.

Last edited on Tue Aug 21st, 2007 01:59 pm by trailmix

Back To Top


 Posted: Tue Aug 21st, 2007 11:54 pm
  PMQuoteReply
38th Post
george

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Aug 16th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 27
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
OutWest wrote: Have another beer, George.

 If not for the US we would be speaking Russian already, and driving a Lada... after a 3 year wait to be able to buy one.


 Our debt per capita ratio is at least 20% higher than our US counterparts, and our tax freedom day is July, theirs is late April. ...and the average US marine will kick your butt without even getting angry... just a matter of routine


Will someone please explain to George what 'Tax-freedom day' means?
 hmmmm...thats funny during maple flag in cold lake we had some yankees come into the bar all arogant chips on there shoulder airforce pilots and we beat them like rented muels. Think my gramma fights better from what i seen.


 



Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 12:34 am
  PMQuoteReply
39th Post
Lord of Midian

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Sat May 5th, 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 104
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Dana wrote: Lord of Midian wrote:
**BLEEP**ing get something straight, Yankee: Just because your corpororations bought and paid for our government...

----------------------------------------------------------

Oh Midian you are such an excellent example of a stereotypical, beer swilling, hockey playing retard. 

As you said yourself, our corpororations have bought and paid for your government a long time ago so, tread lightly, grow-up and stop acting like a little bitch girl.


I don't and never have played hockey. Don't drink beer either--vodka is so much more cost-effective...

Oh, I get it, you think you're being funny! You're the **BLEEP**ing sterotypical, flag-waving, jingo spouting retard here, honey, not me.

Please die soon, OK?

 

Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 01:05 am
  PMQuoteReply
40th Post
kbs

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Mon Aug 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 26
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
You're exactly right Dana. The UN won't do anything about it. In case you haven't heard the great news lately, Iran's President has advocated that Islam is the only way to save the world. I have a hard time imagining Stephen Harper making the same assertion in regards to Christianity.

http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/menu-234/0708142013173859.htm

Also noteworthy is the fact that he has advocated 2 times that Isreal should be wiped off the map. Where's the UN when statements like this are made? The US is caught between a rock and a hard place. Imagine if they pulled a few "no shows" for some world conflicts? BTW did you know that the UN thinks that global warming is the cause for all the conflict in Darfur?

What are your thoughts? Should the UN step in?

Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 01:48 am
  PMQuoteReply
41st Post
ragincajun

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Mon Aug 6th, 2007
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 36
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Wow, the UN, the biggest waste of money the US has ever funded. A huge bunch of children that can't decide when to call recess. They are totally worthless. Let them settle their own problems without US soldiers, and Canadian soldiers dying for it. Our two countries need to stick together, it is in our mutual best interest.

Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 01:54 am
  PMQuoteReply
42nd Post
trailmix



Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 208
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
kbs wrote: You're exactly right Dana. The UN won't do anything about it. In case you haven't heard the great news lately, Iran's President has advocated that Islam is the only way to save the world. I have a hard time imagining Stephen Harper making the same assertion in regards to Christianity.

What are your thoughts? Should the UN step in?

This is a long thread kbs, when you say "You're exactly right Dana" what is Dana exactly right about?

Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 01:59 am
  PMQuoteReply
43rd Post
kbs

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Mon Aug 13th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 26
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Just the issue that the US is the world police.

Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 03:41 am
  PMQuoteReply
44th Post
Dana



Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Jun 28th, 2007
Location: Nevada USA
Posts: 25
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Lord of Midian wrote:
I don't and never have played hockey. Don't drink beer either--vodka is so much more cost-effective...

Oh, I get it, you think you're being funny! You're the **BLEEP**ing sterotypical, flag-waving, jingo spouting retard here, honey, not me.

Please die soon, OK?

 


Is it not possible for you to reply to a single post without the use of colorful metaphors? You know my little maiden your lack of vocabulary lets you down. Only bitch girls talk like that, not good maidens.

Do you tell everyone who upsets you to “go off and die”? Good job they don’t take you seriously or you would depopulate the entire planet. And that would leave you a very lonely little maiden indeed.

Last edited on Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 03:41 am by Dana

Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 01:14 pm
  PMQuoteReply
45th Post
phen

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 5
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
ok to catch up a bit:

US only superpower = delusional and fooled by simple media tags.

US going into countries because of the guiding parent syndrome = bs - they go into other countries to further their own interests and then allow gullible people to believe after the fact that it has all been for humanitarian reasons.

Quoting someone elses post as their own = perhaps a little insecure with their own thought processes and language abilities

Canada laughing stock of world because they buy second hand submarines = what 95% of the world does - not everyone wants to be run by military corporations.

Yes it would hurt to stop trading with the US but so? We aren't going to do that in the near future so the comment is irrelevant unless you are trying to boost your own importance.

"about world harmony by providing clarity of vision to those who cannot see the light." = more spouting off on narrow minded idealogy where someone believes they have the only answer to the worlds problems

"However with time they will come to embrace our values and learn that democracy is the only way to true peace." = the same spouting of crap that every country has ever believed and said when trying to justify making offensive military moves on other peoples beliefs and assets.

Fooled by the Michael Moore's? Maybe we just look at all the info and come to our own conclusions rather than just believing everything that our chosen leader hand feeds us?

Most science fiction movies have been created by Americans and most movies that do not have America as number 1 have a lower chance of making as much money over there as the people are often too fragile to look at the world using a vision not created for them by the US media.

"As you said yourself, our corpororations have bought and paid for your government a long time ago so, tread lightly, grow-up and stop acting like a little bitch girl." = more we rule the world bs and once again trying to lay claim to American citizenship somehow giving you the right to threaten everyone else based on the false belief that someone has your back

"Is it not possible for you to reply to a single post without the use of colorful metaphors? You know my little maiden your lack of vocabulary lets you down. Only bitch girls talk like that, not good maidens." = ironic isn't it that you read midian as maiden and make yet another blunder as to the gender of a poster. Speaks to your perception when people aren't around to feed you ideas. Also seems a little funny that the person with an avatar depicting a woman making **BLEEP** gestures would try and scold someone about "colorful metaphors"

I think that about covers it for right now.

 

 

 

Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 08:16 pm
  PMQuoteReply
46th Post
Lord of Midian

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Sat May 5th, 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 104
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Dana wrote: Lord of Midian wrote:
I don't and never have played hockey. Don't drink beer either--vodka is so much more cost-effective...

Oh, I get it, you think you're being funny! You're the **BLEEP**ing sterotypical, flag-waving, jingo spouting retard here, honey, not me.

Please die soon, OK?

 


Is it not possible for you to reply to a single post without the use of colorful metaphors? You know my little maiden your lack of vocabulary lets you down. Only bitch girls talk like that, not good maidens.

Do you tell everyone who upsets you to “go off and die”? Good job they don’t take you seriously or you would depopulate the entire planet. And that would leave you a very lonely little maiden indeed.

 

You criticise me for using "colourful metaphors*" when your avatar is the one making obscene gestures and giggling like a--well, erm, um, you know--spinny blonde caught with its' hand in the cookie jar? You also use this as a "verbal deke" to avoid having to adress any points that actually call you/your disgusting society on your/their monumental hypocrisy/utter bull**BLEEP**, said verbal deke using the most juvenile language, which simply makes you look even more stupid than you already do....Which is saying something, I might add.

Well, aaaaallllllll-righty, then: How typically American...eh?

Depopulating the entire planet--starting with your little, 99%-wrecked piece of it, honey--would make me a very happy little maiden, not a lonely one. I am a misanthrope, I am proud of it, so why don't you just go do what your avatar's "colourful" gesture is a symbol for if you don't like it?

The most blessed things I've ever had in my life are: Silence and solitude. Anyone who actually knows how to shut the **BLEEP** up and think for even a minute will understand exactly what I mean....I grant that that's probably not you.

* Colour, neighbour, labour, favour, honour,...,etc.: Just to illustrate the fact that we speak English here, not the barely literate, dumbed-down,  genericised patois known as "American."

Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 08:17 pm
  PMQuoteReply
47th Post
Lord of Midian

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Sat May 5th, 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 104
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
phen wrote: ok to catch up a bit:

US only superpower = delusional and fooled by simple media tags.

US going into countries because of the guiding parent syndrome = bs - they go into other countries to further their own interests and then allow gullible people to believe after the fact that it has all been for humanitarian reasons.

Quoting someone elses post as their own = perhaps a little insecure with their own thought processes and language abilities

Canada laughing stock of world because they buy second hand submarines = what 95% of the world does - not everyone wants to be run by military corporations.

Yes it would hurt to stop trading with the US but so? We aren't going to do that in the near future so the comment is irrelevant unless you are trying to boost your own importance.

"about world harmony by providing clarity of vision to those who cannot see the light." = more spouting off on narrow minded idealogy where someone believes they have the only answer to the worlds problems

"However with time they will come to embrace our values and learn that democracy is the only way to true peace." = the same spouting of crap that every country has ever believed and said when trying to justify making offensive military moves on other peoples beliefs and assets.

Fooled by the Michael Moore's? Maybe we just look at all the info and come to our own conclusions rather than just believing everything that our chosen leader hand feeds us?

Most science fiction movies have been created by Americans and most movies that do not have America as number 1 have a lower chance of making as much money over there as the people are often too fragile to look at the world using a vision not created for them by the US media.

"As you said yourself, our corpororations have bought and paid for your government a long time ago so, tread lightly, grow-up and stop acting like a little bitch girl." = more we rule the world bs and once again trying to lay claim to American citizenship somehow giving you the right to threaten everyone else based on the false belief that someone has your back

"Is it not possible for you to reply to a single post without the use of colorful metaphors? You know my little maiden your lack of vocabulary lets you down. Only bitch girls talk like that, not good maidens." = ironic isn't it that you read midian as maiden and make yet another blunder as to the gender of a poster. Speaks to your perception when people aren't around to feed you ideas. Also seems a little funny that the person with an avatar depicting a woman making **BLEEP** gestures would try and scold someone about "colorful metaphors"

I think that about covers it for right now.

 

 

 

FINALLY, a tittle of intelligence on this thread! Solidarity, mate...:dude:

Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 08:30 pm
  PMQuoteReply
48th Post
Lord of Midian

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Sat May 5th, 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 104
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
OutWest wrote: Have another beer, George.

 If not for the US we would be speaking Russian already, and driving a Lada... after a 3 year wait to be able to buy one.


 Our debt per capita ratio is at least 20% higher than our US counterparts, and our tax freedom day is July, theirs is late April. ...and the average US marine will kick your butt without even getting angry... just a matter of routine


Will someone please explain to George what 'Tax-freedom day' means?


 




Well, I speak some Polish, does that get me close? I'm being facetious, Bubba! It's part of having the sense of humour you always cluelessly accuse me of not having.

Will someone please explain to OutWest that it's incredibly hypocritical to use the socially-oriented Canadian system for  public healthcare, reasonably cheap--by world standards--housing, cheap fuel, etc., etc., etc., and then use American-style boilerplate to:

A) Justify his brazen boot-licking of a country whose values stand against everything the country that gives him all these things has ever stood for.

and

B) That it's even more hypocritical--if not outright disloyal--to continue to live in that country while doing the above,  esp. when he can clearly afford to leave anytime he wants, if he really hates it that much.

If you're going to take advantage of the Canadian system, Bubba, at least show enough respect to keep your pathetic Yankee wrist-licking reasonably quiet and tasteful, if that descriptor can ever be applied to anything American/wannabe-American...

SUPPORT CANADA OR GET THE **BLEEP** OUT--wow, that sounded almost American, didn't it? That facetiousness thing again...

Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 08:45 pm
  PMQuoteReply
49th Post
Lord of Midian

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Sat May 5th, 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 104
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
trailmix wrote: What if 'your vision' is entirely different from those you wish to enlighten?

I don't see our peace keeping mission in Afganistan as providing clarity of vision to Afghans, or anyone else.  We are there because they want us there to help, no more no less.

You appear to have a very arrogant attitude about your country, I don't think you speak for most Americans - or maybe you do, after all you elected George W!

The next election will show how that attitude may have changed.









Michael Moore is right when he says Bill Clinton is/was the best Re(tard)publican president America has ever had...his wife is not the world's friend, OK?

She strikes me as the most ice-cold power grubber I've ever seen...she's kinda like Darth Vader wearing a Bugs Bunny costume to look more appealing/convincing towards the proles...

Look at the male Clintion's real track record after the first puppet-king George I: I refer in particular to the way he deliberately let both houses of Congress be taken over by Republicans and corporate "Democrats." This is what set the stage for the tin-pot tyrant they created in 2000, all the while spouting everything people wanted to hear. I don't see any difference this time around either...it is far, far, too late now. The dynasty of tyranny-in-all-but-name is here, and it's decided to stay awhile... 

Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 08:57 pm
  PMQuoteReply
50th Post
trailmix



Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 208
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
aww poor Hillary!  Anyway, just to clarify - I don't know if I am voting for Hillary or not at this point, I will look at more of the issues as the election draws nearer.  I like Obama too. 

No political candidate is perfect, you can only vote for the one that is most in tune with what you believe is right.  I would vote for a candidate that supports universal health care, even if they promised to give Dana air time, IF they had any chance of being elected (a democrat that is).

I don't think I have ever seen you agree with anyone before Midian!  It shows a different side of you.  You use the word 'mate' a lot - are you Australian or have you lived there before?

 

Back To Top


 Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 09:13 pm
  PMQuoteReply
51st Post
Lord of Midian

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Sat May 5th, 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 104
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
trailmix wrote: aww poor Hillary!  Anyway, just to clarify - I don't know if I am voting for Hillary or not at this point, I will look at more of the issues as the election draws nearer.  I like Obama too. 

No political candidate is perfect, you can only vote for the one that is most in tune with what you believe is right.  I would vote for a candidate that supports universal health care, even if they promised to give Dana air time, IF they had any chance of being elected (a democrat that is).

I don't think I have ever seen you agree with anyone before Midian!  It shows a different side of you.  You use the word 'mate' a lot - are you Australian or have you lived there before?

 


No, I'm not Australian; Alot of Britons use "mate" too, and I've had many British friends throughout my life--I would think I picked it up from them. Plus, I just like the way it sounds....I am seriously considering emigrating to New Zealand, though (once my schoolings done in ~2 years)! They use it there, too; you might say I've got a bit of a head start...

Well, the entertainment Dana would provide would be worth exactly what we'd--nominally speaking at least--pay for it: namely, F/All!

I like Obama, too, but I don't know if I can trust him. His realative inexperience is a possible issue, plus the fact that he just may be being groomed by those who really now own the USA as the token Black candidate, in order to distract voters from what he really might be/is in terms of his ideology...refer once again to the male Clinton, and his real track record; The novelty factor of a non-White "president" in a society as flagrantly racist as the USA would make for one Hell of a diversion, I think.

Back To Top


 Posted: Thu Aug 23rd, 2007 04:00 am
  PMQuoteReply
52nd Post
Dana



Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Jun 28th, 2007
Location: Nevada USA
Posts: 25
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Lord of Midian wrote:
You criticise me for using "colourful metaphors*" when your avatar is the one making obscene gestures and giggling like a--well, erm, um, you know--spinny blonde caught with its' hand in the cookie jar?

 

Sorry you have lost me on this one. How is shaking a dice obscene?

Back To Top


 Posted: Thu Aug 23rd, 2007 01:54 pm
  PMQuoteReply
53rd Post
trailmix



Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 208
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
I hope that Obama's inexperience will be a plus rather than a minus. 

Back To Top


 Posted: Thu Aug 23rd, 2007 09:10 pm
  PMQuoteReply
54th Post
Lord of Midian

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Sat May 5th, 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta Canada
Posts: 104
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
trailmix wrote: I hope that Obama's inexperience will be a plus rather than a minus. 
Indeed, 'cuz he hasn't been bought yet...that I know of, anyway.

Back To Top


 Posted: Fri Aug 24th, 2007 04:45 am
  PMQuoteReply
55th Post
Cutter



Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 26th, 2006
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 145
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Lord of Midian wrote:
You criticise me for using "colourful metaphors*" when your avatar is the one making obscene gestures and giggling like a--well, erm, um, you know--spinny blonde caught with its' hand in the cookie jar?


Oh you poor little thing Dana did that nasty old Maidin upset you so much you had to go change your Avatar? Shame on him upsetting a nice little Yankee girl like you. Still I will say one thing for you Dana, you sure are a girl of extremes  

Back To Top


 Posted: Sat Aug 25th, 2007 02:52 am
  PMQuoteReply
56th Post
ragincajun

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Mon Aug 6th, 2007
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 36
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Oh, I think it takes a lot more to upset the Lord of Midian. I think he hates not only Americans, but anyone else who doesn't think along his lines.

 I sincerely wish him the best of luck in New Zealand. Perhaps the culture and/or government there will suit him.:)

 

 

Back To Top


 Posted: Sat Aug 25th, 2007 08:52 am
  PMQuoteReply
57th Post
OutWest

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 18th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 253
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Lord of Midian wrote: trailmix wrote: aww poor Hillary!   are you Australian or have you lived there before?

 


No, I'm not Australian; Alot of Britons use "mate" too, and I've had many British friends throughout my life--I would think I picked it up from them. Plus, I just like the way it sounds....I am seriously considering emigrating to New Zealand, though (once my schoolings done in ~2 years)!

 

 I can almost guarantee that if and when you DO end up living up in New Zealand; you will find just as much to bitch about living here. In fact, I'd put a wad of money on it.

 

Back To Top


 Posted: Sat Aug 25th, 2007 09:01 am
  PMQuoteReply
58th Post
OutWest

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 18th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 253
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
george wrote: The bigger question might be what would happen to the U.S if they did not have our oil and gas to buy.? we can always turn around and sell it to China or any ohther country on the planet. like really, like we need the U.S.

 figured out that negotiations go allot farther than blowing some guys head off. Like i said Canada has many friends, we dont need weapons we are smarter than that,, should we be attacked the world has our back, something the states does not have. It would be the Americans worst nightmare should they pick a war with Canada, in essence we are stronger.


They could finish us off in 20 minutes. 4 big nukes and 3 small ones = 7 cities looking like Hiroshima times 1000 (That's a ten megaton bomb.) 2 for Toronto, One each for Montreal and Vancouver, then Ottawa-Hamilton-Victoria, and it is all over.

China could do that too, and so could Russia. However, as long as the US is South of us, there is little chance of this. and... Russia is so slow and dumb, the US would totally obliterate them,

You guys who hate the US are stupid... just plain stupid...and I suppose you think France is our 'friend?" Not so

 

 

Back To Top


 Posted: Sat Aug 25th, 2007 09:03 am
  PMQuoteReply
59th Post
OutWest

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 18th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 253
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
george wrote: CHINA ,also allot bigger! they would spank you guys any day! you guys cannot even catch bin laden let alone take on a super power. how about Russia? can you guys deal with them, no you would run with your tail behind your legs. Just a matter of time and the tides will turn, the world is getting sick of you yanks. Trust me if Canadians of all people hate you guys, you got a big bone to settle.

Most intelligent Canadians who are able to think for themselves, are not Anti-American. Most Canadians don't hate the US. Them who are (perhaps unknowingly) working to our destruction, are them who hate the US.

We need to change this topic

Back To Top


 Posted: Sat Aug 25th, 2007 09:07 am
  PMQuoteReply
60th Post
OutWest

 

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 18th, 2007
Location:  
Posts: 253
Status: 
Offline
Mana: 
Dana wrote: Not entirely true. They don’t want us there, that is why they are killing our troops. However with time they will come to embrace our values and learn that democracy is the only way to true peace. Arrogant? I don’t think so, like all Americans I am open to the fact that we may have our faults, but overall we are doing our best to bring about world peace. As for George W, he also may have his faults but he understands that the world needs strong leadership even if it makes him unpopular and that above all else is why we reelected him. Please don’t be fooled by the Michael Moore’s of this world who spread anti-American lies. Most Americans support Mr. Bush. As for Clinton, I don’t think so.     


Much of the killing of our troops is done by Iranian terrorists who are in Iraq. Michael Moore is a slob with a twisted head

 

Back To Top


Current time is 12:40 pmPage:    1  2  Next Page Last Page  

TALKCalgary - Forums > Calgary Stuff > General Talk > World Policeman – If Not Us, Who?
Top



UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2988 seconds (7% database + 93% PHP). 57 queries executed.