TALKCalgary - Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
TALKCalgary - Forums > Calgary Stuff > General Talk > DO YOU NEED WORKERS ??

You are viewing in limited guest access mode only. For full access please login or register

DO YOU NEED WORKERS ??
 Moderated by: Admin
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2007 01:49 pm
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
ROBINATOR

Joined TALKCalgary: Sat Aug 18th, 2007
Mana: 
Suffering from labour shortage? Then we are the solution to your problem. We specialize in the recruitment and importation of skilled and unskilled workers from Mexico. Most have a high English level and their international drivers license. We have 25 000 resumes in our database. This allows us to custom fit you with the people you need.

$2500 + GST and airfare gets you one worker for one year!!! Then if you wish you may have the same worker for another two years for the two for one price of only $2500 + GST and airfare !

These people are under contract to work for you and only you. They cannot work for someone else.

For more information please call me

Robert Seeger

Vice President
ARM CO Labour For Canadians LTD.

Tel. 454-0259
Cell. 667-5224

Last edited on Sat Aug 18th, 2007 01:54 pm by ROBINATOR

Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2007 06:24 pm
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
Dana

Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Jun 28th, 2007
Mana: 
Back in the 1800's we had a word for this sort of trade.

Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2007 07:45 pm
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
ROBINATOR

Mana: 
It is important to know all of the facts before posting comments. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Posted: Sun Aug 19th, 2007 02:37 am
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
Dana

Mana: 
I'm sorry, you're right.  it is important to know all of the facts before posting comments. With this in mind, perhaps you could explain how "$2500 + GST and airfare gets you one worker for one year!!!"

Still from what I have read so far on this forum Alberta is the right state to develop this idea. ;)

Posted: Sun Aug 19th, 2007 06:08 am
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
ROBINATOR

Mana: 
Greetings. Thank you for your questions. We are a staffing company that imports forgien labour from Mexico, through a program called the Provincial Nominee Program, or PNP. We provide a service to Canadian companies that are suffering from labour shortage by supplying them with workers for one year. Then if they are happy with those workers they may rehire them for another two years. However after the first year by law, the workers must return to Mexico for 90 days before resuming work for their Canadian employer.

The $2500 + GST and airfare is broken down as follows.

The $2500 is to pay the immigration lawyer to get the work permits for the workers, and the LMO or Labour Market Opinion for the company that is hiring them. The law requires that businesses in Canada have their LMO before they can hire forgien workers. The LMO is to protect the rights of Candian workers and to ensure that job oportunities are offered to Canadians as a first choice. In order for a company to qualify for their LMO they must prove that they have diligently made every effort to recruit and retain Canadian workers. Including paying a fair market wage. Once this is done they may hire forgien workers through agencies such as ourselves.

The employer is required to pay the round tip airfare for the employees

Hope this helps a little bit:)

Cheers

Last edited on Sun Aug 19th, 2007 06:11 am by ROBINATOR

Posted: Mon Aug 20th, 2007 09:44 pm
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
Lord of Midian

Joined TALKCalgary: Sat May 5th, 2007
Mana: 
We all know what "fair market wage" really means in Alberta, don't we.

Why not try doing something to create incentives to retain Canadian workers? I can't see this as anything but, at best, an act of disloyalty to our country, and at worst, laying the groundwork for a ready-to-go bottom tier of slaves, kinda like the "illegal" (tacitly approved) situation in the USA...

What guarantee is there that non-citizen workers will get the same protection under the Labour Code--such as that is in Alberta!--as citizens?

Posted: Mon Aug 20th, 2007 09:44 pm
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
Lord of Midian

Mana: 
Dana wrote: I'm sorry, you're right.  it is important to know all of the facts before posting comments. With this in mind, perhaps you could explain how "$2500 + GST and airfare gets you one worker for one year!!!"

Still from what I have read so far on this forum Alberta is the right state to develop this idea. ;)

Alberta is a CANADIAN PROVINCE, not a state. Show some **BLEEP**ing respect...

Posted: Mon Aug 20th, 2007 10:32 pm
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
ROBINATOR

Mana: 
I do agree with you wages as a whole need to be increased. The clients and prospective clients I have pay higher than market wage. They do everything they can to keep there employees happy. It is also a numbers game. There is simply more work than workers.

And I myself am pursing legislation to ensure that the rights of these non-resident workers will be protected under both provincial and national labour codes.

Last edited on Mon Aug 20th, 2007 10:48 pm by ROBINATOR

Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 02:58 am
  PMQuoteReply
9th Post
Dana

Mana: 
You know I think this could be one example of how Canada has got things right. When I first read your post I thought your plan was to exploit Mexicans as a form of low cost labor in much the same way as we do. I now see that you have come up with what could only be described as a win-win scenario. Good luck.

Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 07:54 pm
  PMQuoteReply
10th Post
Lord of Midian

Mana: 
Good on ya, mate! Sounds like you've actually got some principles, an exeedingly rare thing in this town....Hell, scruples, even!

It must be said, though: Alberta market wages are a deliberately-stagnated joke--coutesy of those whom the inflation-leveraged "Alberta Advantage TM" is really of/for--which implies the question:

Will they be able to afford to, not just "get by" but have a halfway-decent life here? That's the first--and, arguably, only--thing that will ensure retention of anyone, regardless where they're from...

Posted: Thu Sep 6th, 2007 03:03 am
  PMQuoteReply
11th Post
TALKCalgary

Joined TALKCalgary: Thu May 18th, 2006
Mana: 
We did a story about this idea which may be of interest.

Posted: Sat Oct 6th, 2007 08:03 pm
  PMQuoteReply
12th Post
sergiowawa

Joined TALKCalgary: Sat Oct 6th, 2007
Mana: 
Hi there, where or how can i get in touch with the right people to get a job in canada, im a mexican computer technitian....

THANKS

Posted: Sat Oct 13th, 2007 01:14 pm
  PMQuoteReply
13th Post
trailmix

Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Mana: 
Interesting story there Steve, just noticed it today.  Are you going to do a follow up to see what happens with accomodation for these folks?

I, for one, would really like to know how they do once they get here.

Last edited on Sat Oct 13th, 2007 01:15 pm by trailmix

Posted: Mon Aug 5th, 2013 01:02 pm
  PMQuoteReply
14th Post
furnacecleaningcalgary
Banned

Joined TALKCalgary: Mon Aug 5th, 2013
Mana: 
I am looking for some telemarketers based in Calgary. PM me if anyone interested.

Current time is 11:40 pm

TALKCalgary - Forums > Calgary Stuff > General Talk > DO YOU NEED WORKERS ??

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.0936 seconds (8% database + 92% PHP). 28 queries executed.