TALKCalgary - Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
TALKCalgary - Forums > Calgary Stuff > General Talk > If You're A Christian What Do You Think Of This Article?

You are viewing in limited guest access mode only. For full access please login or register

If You're A Christian What Do You Think Of This Article?
 Moderated by: Admin
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 01:10 am
  PMQuoteReply
1st Post
kbs

Joined TALKCalgary: Mon Aug 13th, 2007
Mana: 
Should we pander to Islam?

http://www.radionetherlands.nl/currentaffairs/ned070814mc

What are your thoughts on the article?

Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 01:47 am
  PMQuoteReply
2nd Post
trailmix

Joined TALKCalgary: Sun Aug 20th, 2006
Mana: 
I don't know, he seems pretty harmless to me - I think all he is saying is 'can't we all just get along'?

Which of course we can't and this will never happen.

Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 01:53 am
  PMQuoteReply
3rd Post
kbs

Mana: 
But why do we have to accomodate them when we can't even preach in their countries?

Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 02:00 am
  PMQuoteReply
4th Post
trailmix

Mana: 
I don't know if his idea is good or not.  Allah, God, whatever we/you/they call God isn't going to make one iota of difference at this point in time.

He has obviously seen a system that worked for all (where he was) and in his view brought people together. 

Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 03:17 am
  PMQuoteReply
5th Post
Cutter

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 26th, 2006
Mana: 
You know in years gone by if one country wanted to force its way of life on another it went to war. Today they have no need to they just do a soft invasion. Why is it so important to live as part of a mosaic? Why is it so wrong to hold on to ones own culture? I have said this before but if people decide to relocate in another country then they should be prepared to adopt the ways of that country. If not, then stay home. I am so fed up with seeing people who decided they wanted to live in Canada but only on their own terms. That in part is why the Afghans are so against the US because they are perceived as trying to force American values on them.

Like most people I want to live in one big happy world. But I don’t want to live in a one country world.

Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 11:54 am
  PMQuoteReply
6th Post
kbs

Mana: 
Then you'll be happy to know that Iran's President thinks that Islam is the only hope for the world's salvation.

http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/menu-234/0708142013173859.htm

Funny don' t you think that this was never reported anywhere? Can you imagine if Stephen Harper had said something similar. My question is where is the UN when something like this is said.

Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 03:07 pm
  PMQuoteReply
7th Post
trailmix

Mana: 
I find it interesting that you agree with Dana who said:

"However with time they will come to embrace our values and learn that democracy is the only way to true peace."

And yet you denounce this guy for saying basically the same thing (from his point of view of course).

hmmm

Last edited on Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 03:07 pm by trailmix

Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 08:43 pm
  PMQuoteReply
8th Post
winnipegjets

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007
Mana: 
kbs wrote: Should we pander to Islam?

http://www.radionetherlands.nl/currentaffairs/ned070814mc

What are your thoughts on the article?

it reminds me of when we gave Hitler part of Czechoslovakia, figuring he would go away if he got what he wanted.  This is political correctiveness gone WAY too far.

Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 08:49 pm
  PMQuoteReply
9th Post
trailmix

Mana: 
I don't know - the guy said something, some people will agree with him, some won't - he's a bishop in a small place in the netherlands, are people going to rally round?

His comment was pretty inoffensive if you ask me - and I'm not being PC - if I thought he was an up and coming Hitler of the Church - I'd tell you.  You have to decide what his intent is and go from there.

Posted: Thu Aug 23rd, 2007 02:51 am
  PMQuoteReply
10th Post
kbs

Mana: 
The main difference is that one statement is made by a world leader and the other is just an opinion. Islam taking over the world is much different than bringing a democracy to an oppressed nation.

Posted: Thu Aug 23rd, 2007 01:28 pm
  PMQuoteReply
11th Post
trailmix

Mana: 
I am quite clear that one is a Bishop in the Netherlands making a comment and Ahmadinejad is the president of Iran.  When you mentioned Hitler you provided a link for the former.

You know - let me state right now that I'm not supporting Ahmadinejad or Iranian politics in general, however how is what he is saying that much different than what the States is saying.

Islam taking over the world is much different than bringing a democracy to an oppressed nation.

You know, to a lot of people in Iran there is probably absolutely no difference at all.  You think there is a difference because your beliefs are different and so do they.

Until you start to understand that people from different nations see things differently than you do, perhaps, you can't have understanding or compassion for them.

Posted: Tue Aug 28th, 2007 05:58 am
  PMQuoteReply
12th Post
OutWest

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Apr 18th, 2007
Mana: 
This mamood mad Iranian is dangerous. He has said he wants to destroy Israel, and then every democratic nation on the face of the Earth.

There is no truth on earth but monotheism and following tenets of Islam and there is no way for salvation of mankind but rule of Islam over mankind,"

Strange and tilted playing field. As a Christian, I might suggest that the bible tells us there is only one way to God, through Christ. If I say this, everyone wants to hang me, but this guy can say this and it is okay.

ALLAH is NOT the God of the Bible.

Islam takes by force. We just want to preach the Gospel. Convert to Islam in America, and you are tolerated. Convert (in Iran) to Christianity from Islam, and you might be beheaded. Islam also denies the right of Israel to even exist... do the math and then tell me this is a 'peaceful religion'

None of this comes as a surprise, in light of the predictions in Matthew Ch 24, and 2 Tim ch3

The Bible also tells of a time when there will be a one world religion, and Christians who refuse to take the 'mark of the beast' (I assume this to be a laser tattoo) are beheaded for their beliefs.

This will happen in North America too, unless North America is first destroyed. Our politicians, judges, drug gangs, actors, Rap singers, educators, and lawyers are doing a good job of 'reprogramming' the mind of America (and Canada)

I have watched this go on for over 50 years. The process is almost complete. We are being conquered without a shot beng fired

Posted: Tue Aug 28th, 2007 06:00 am
  PMQuoteReply
13th Post
OutWest

Mana: 
The UN favors IRAN, over the US and Canada

Posted: Fri Sep 28th, 2007 03:18 pm
  PMQuoteReply
14th Post
phen

Mana: 
No Outwest, I wouldn't want to hang you and I wouldn't treat you differently that someone believing in Islam. As I am agnostic I would rather tie you both to chairs and try to talk some sense into you both. :P

Posted: Tue Oct 16th, 2007 11:07 am
  PMQuoteReply
15th Post
OutWest

Mana: 
LOL 2 months hey?

Posted: Tue Oct 16th, 2007 11:15 am
  PMQuoteReply
16th Post
OutWest

Mana: 
Well, to be blunt as a black eye: Islam is a religion that is of the devil; meaning it is dead set against Christ, and they are calling for the destruction of Israel. So NO, tell the bishop to go take a hike.

Now, there are so many false teachers in our churches today it makes me wanna vomit. My suggestion is read your Bible like your life depends on it. (In a way, it does)

Know that every man is a liar and God is true. Trust noone and do NOT let any heirarchy try to tell you what to do. Cops are an exception, and so is the legal system. If I don't like what  pastor is saying, I will say so. IN one case, I quit that church, because I think the guy is a new ager disguised as a Christian.

That bishop, unkowningly, is working for the devil. We should NOT pay much attention to these yokels. They offer no encouragement and most of them have never known the Lord, and never will.

Islam will do anything it can, to get a stranglehold on America/Canada. they are seeking to be the one world religion. they can behead me first, before I will EVER kneel to 'allah,'  and I am serious about that

That's my two cents worth. For another nickel, I will tell you how I really feel ;)

If it were up to me; Islam would be outlawed. No fine, just not recognized

Last edited on Tue Oct 16th, 2007 11:17 am by OutWest

Posted: Tue Oct 16th, 2007 11:21 am
  PMQuoteReply
17th Post
OutWest

Mana: 
This Mahmood has also stated that he is totally committed to the destruction of Israel. He also has said, "and after that, we are coming after you" Referring the Canada and the US.

The media will not report this, however. The UN is anti-America too. If I were Harper, we would withdraw from the UN and renounce all ties and agreements with them. Islam is going to try and use the UN to push it's agenda on North America.

And we will continue to be half asleep until it is too late

Posted: Tue Oct 16th, 2007 11:48 am
  PMQuoteReply
18th Post
phen

Mana: 
I guess we should ban Islam, and Buddhism, and Hinduism and everything but Christianity right? Oh wait - then that would make christianity that dreaded one world religion.....hmmm

Current time is 02:00 pm

TALKCalgary - Forums > Calgary Stuff > General Talk > If You're A Christian What Do You Think Of This Article?

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1086 seconds (8% database + 92% PHP). 28 queries executed.