TALKCalgary - Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
TALKCalgary - Forums > Calgary Stuff > General Talk > American Income Life a scam?

You are viewing in limited guest access mode only. For full access please login or register

American Income Life a scam?
 Moderated by: Admin Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Oct 27th, 2011 11:39 pm
  PMQuoteReply
61st Post
natedawg
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Hey Everyone!!

I am currently employed with AIL's Vancouver Office, have been for several months now. Ill let you in on a little secret.. ITS NOT A SCAM!!
First of all, the "admin fees" required are not issued by AIL, its through your respected Province or State for licensing fees.. Like many things in life that require a licensed professional (flying a plane, handling your taxes, performing surgery) one does not obtain this "specialty license" without taking a series of tests and paying for them.. UPFRONT.. Due to the high turnover rate of commission jobs (insurance especially) AIL would be a bunch of suckers if they paid for everyones course and licensing fees..
Everyone is given a fair opportunity at AIL, whether you want to take the job or not is up to you.. It is not a SCAM in the slightest. I have seen many agents come and go, and many agents succeed! It all depends on how hard you want to work, and how motivated you are. Anyone can do this job..ANYONE.. If you are hard working you can make a 6 figure income due to the lack of commission cap.. The harder you work, the more money you make.. simple as that.. Its how jobs should be designed, instead you have your co-worker who makes double your salary and does half the work.
My point here is, Insurance sales is not for everyone, just like every other job on the market.. So if you are just reading this thread and not going to the interview you are LAZY.. Dont believe everything you read, especially from someone who FAILED at this job due to lack of hard work and perseverance.

Thanks for listening
-Nate

Posted: Thu Nov 10th, 2011 12:57 pm
  PMQuoteReply
62nd Post
TimfromMontreal
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
As someone who has been in the Financial Services business for 43 years and as someone who also has had a friend involved with this company, I will not use the word "scam" to describe them but I will alert all who are considering working for them that this company absolutely refuses to comply with Quebec rules on compliance - needs analysis - anything which the government and the rest of the financial industry considers important as a way to respect what clients need from us. This is a re-incarnation of the insurance business as it was 40+ years ago - and clearly demonstrates why people dislike insurance advisors. Watch your backside people - because YOU are legally responsible - NOT just AIL

Posted: Fri Nov 18th, 2011 01:05 pm
  PMQuoteReply
63rd Post
Donna
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
OK, I am now going through the same process with AIL in Edmonton.  The first interview presentation wasn't horrible, but I still have all alarm bells ringing.  Where exactly did you look for your research?  I'm the kind of person who has to do it for themselves.  But thank you for the heads up.  They're trying something new "based on their Calgary experience".  They are paying for your insurance licensing then taking it back off your paychecks, but I still smell a dead fish in there somewhere

Posted: Mon Nov 21st, 2011 05:34 pm
  PMQuoteReply
64th Post
dochaliday65
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
I am also in Winnipeg and was contacted by phone about a week ago for an interviw for a "manager/trainer" position. The woman asked if I have any experience managing to which I replied "very little, only 2-3 weeks a year at most to fill in for vacationing managers" as well as never having worked in a financial insitution. Naturally I assumed this would end any chance for an interview but was shocked when she seemed excited to have me agree to come in. I am leary because neither I nor any of my friends have heard of this company and I would never apply for a position that I did not feel qualified for such as managing within' a company or field that I have no previous experience. What I expect to happen is I will be told that I do not qualify for the managers position (a fact I already know without being told) and that I would do great in sales (re:pay for training then work on commision). I am hesitant to cancel my interview based on this website since this is the only place that I have found information on this company (good or bad) but I am very, very leary, at least now I have an idea of what to keep my eyes open for.

Posted: Thu Nov 24th, 2011 01:13 am
  PMQuoteReply
65th Post
kenzie21

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Nov 23rd, 2011
Mana: 
Thank you so much I Live in NL and I recently got a call from them when I applied it said I could make from 60,000 to 90,000 yearly and I thought that seemed weird for a call center type job I mean thats in the $30 an hour range which is crazy here I worked in 3 call centers None that offered that much an hour lol I got my interview tomorrow this really helped me out big time thanks so much

Posted: Thu Nov 24th, 2011 01:16 am
  PMQuoteReply
66th Post
kenzie21

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Nov 23rd, 2011
Mana: 
Also she asked me if I had any experience as a supervisor and I replied with no and she still seemed very eger to get me in for the interview this place sounds worse then any other call center ive been in but I am still going to the interview because this site helped me come up with a lot more questions to ask

Posted: Tue Nov 29th, 2011 02:10 am
  PMQuoteReply
67th Post
shaner154

Joined TALKCalgary: Tue Sep 28th, 2010
Mana: 
There are lots of these companies around. Makes you wonder how insurance companies can fine anybody to work for them. They are a necessary evil and they have their heads so far up the governments backsides that nothing will ever change with them. Life property vehicle they are all the same bunch of scumbags. I had insurance on some vending machines I bought, they said they would cover vandalism, well when something did happen they declined it for some BS reason.8000.00 machine ruined and no love from the insurance company. You can check out the vending machine if you are at all curious http://www.officevendingservices.ca WHo holde these guys accountable for anything they do......

Posted: Tue Mar 6th, 2012 02:32 am
  PMQuoteReply
68th Post
Daysdog

Joined TALKCalgary: Mon Mar 5th, 2012
Mana: 
:D  Thanks for posting this info.  Now I know about this sham of a company.

Posted: Mon Mar 26th, 2012 04:16 am
  PMQuoteReply
69th Post
JBomb
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
this american income is not just in the west. i live in ontario and also received that e-mail telling me i would be a great fit for the job and that there are not many jobs left. i was a little surprised. trying to find a job these days is difficult enough without having to weed out the scams. i am glad i did not waste my time with them. thank you to all telling your story

Posted: Mon Mar 26th, 2012 02:07 pm
  PMQuoteReply
70th Post
Daysdog

Joined TALKCalgary: Mon Mar 5th, 2012
Mana: 
They are also using the name New York Life.  The e-mail is from Kansas, but they claim they are out of the country on business.  When you read their fake job offer, you'll get a good laugh.

Posted: Fri Mar 30th, 2012 04:33 am
  PMQuoteReply
71st Post
Madison21
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Im in the Toronto area and applied for a bunch of job the other day Im just coming off a Mat leave and came across the AIL Canada job, I applied, a lady called me today saying they had a sales position and she kept repeating to me am I good in sales, I said yes, Ive worked for companies before that I had to sell, so she said ok I have to come down town Toronto for the interview to see a guy named Josh and bring a copy of my resume and so right then I said sorry no I cannot, I do not want a job down town so she said no no its just for the interview you will be placed in the office closest to your home, at that point I found it kinda weird as why is a head office only doing the interviews is there not management in the other offices to conduct interviews, this is how I ended up on the computer researching the company as i wanted to see if it was on a commission base salary and as far as I read it is, also by people saying you have to pay for training WOW Ive never heard of any normal job do that and my ex-husband worked is an insurance broker he went to college for and he worked for TD Molsh Monnox insurance, as far as I knew the company paid for his training to get his "RIBO" (regestered Insurance Brokers of Ontario) Im going to call this company in the morning to ask them some of these questions cause the reason why Im going back to work is cause were broke my fiance just lost his job a couple months ago and now getting contact jobs and we have bills to pay, Iam NOT forking out ANY money to noone!

Posted: Sat May 19th, 2012 07:24 am
  PMQuoteReply
72nd Post
tra072011
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

Posted: Sun May 27th, 2012 03:08 am
  PMQuoteReply
73rd Post
d1g1t4Lnrg
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
After seeing this email. I did a little research on this company. I found it strange the offer of a job opportunity in insurance. Since i have never worked in a field related to this. So after reading your information and many other negative posts about this company; I have decided to send them a reply stating that there company is known to be dishonest and a scam. I also asked that they not contact me any more. It was funny that google knew that it was a spam/scam email and treated as such.  You never know though sometimes good emails get filtered. So all this to say thank you all for your information and posts on this company. I would have hated to waste any resources on this.  Have a great day. :D

Posted: Thu Jun 7th, 2012 04:04 am
  PMQuoteReply
74th Post
DaringDaisy
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Thank-you very much, I was scheduled for an interview tomorrow morning. But decided to do some research on AIL Canada. And am I ever glad I did, thank-you for saving me time & energy. :)

Posted: Fri Jun 22nd, 2012 05:59 pm
  PMQuoteReply
75th Post
Sarka
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Christina Hartwig contacted me threw my resume threw monsterjobs.com. She was very polite, gave me three choice dates on when to come in for my interview in better getting to know my potentials with the company and to see if I`ll be an suitable candidate. She quickly recited the positions I'd fill up in there new Milwaukee expansion. All I could follow up on was a management position. Clearly, I'm not one suitable for a management position but the other muffled position seemed more up my ally. My interview has been set but after reading all the information on the scams, I'm very decided not to even bother with my 9:30am interview with an additional forty-five minute drive excluding morning Milwaukee traffic.

After reading all the info you wonderful folks have fed to me, I became skeptical and started questioning myself about the company in general. My caller ID read: Hernandez AGCY instead of AILI which didn't seem right in the first place. Why was she calling about a different company other than the one recited in my caller ID?

Shortly after she had called, she sent me a pleasant email follow up letter with how pleased she was with our phone conversation and was very much interested in meeting me in person. She had given me a phone number completely different from the original phone number she had called me from when we had set the appointment up. Since I had her direct email, I figure it would be a nice gesture to thank her for the time she had taken out of her day to call me up about the interview and praised her interest on my resume. Five seconds later, I had that email sent back to me as if the email she used was not registered. Questionable?

I have taken the dedication to not bother with the early morning interview. With the scam money mentioned in prior postings, I can not take from people! I become very angry with those who rip my family members off and take there maters into my own hands 80% of the time, we win the battle. To think of working for a scam company like that would make me want to rip my heart out!!

Thank you again for all your wonderful feedback, I appreciate it! You've saved my heart from being heart broken.

Posted: Mon Jul 9th, 2012 12:18 pm
  PMQuoteReply
76th Post
debzcraig
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Thank you. There are not many good reviews about AIL and I could see that most of those who were making comments didnt really have a life span with the company.  However, I think the company would be richer if they helped people out abit by paying the initial costs and make an arrangement to take it out of their first 3 wages, since they promise people big earnings they could probably get it back in the first wage.

Other insurance companies pay for licenses. Ail is rich enough company to teach recruits themselves. The thing I dont like is working under a manager who gets a part of the commissions you make. Its no wonder that some people have bad experiences such as mentioned in this forum. 

Im going to show up to my interview. Ill give it a try only because our managers pay the costs to start up and then we agree when we will pay them back. At least when we move on if we do move on we still have a license.

Posted: Wed Aug 15th, 2012 06:49 pm
  PMQuoteReply
77th Post
billymichaels
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Hello,

I got exactly the same email (word for word) and scheduled an interview for tomorrow. I decided to research this company and am glad that I did.

Don't these scum artists realize that we are all looking for a job to make money and if we had the kind of money they are asking for, we would be using it for other things. If you have to spend money to get a job it is obviously a scam.

Thanks guys, I have just cancelled my interview.

Billy - Toronto

Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2012 08:44 pm
  PMQuoteReply
78th Post
Neezy
Banned

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Aug 22nd, 2012
Mana: 
A lot of you clearly don't know what a "scam" is. With AIL, the fact your selling people insurance, YOU MUST BE LICENSED! Those fees for licensing are for testing, books, etc. to STUDY for the exam to obtain a license.

Once you begin, you work for yourself! You do not cold call, you don't go door-to-door. You are set up with people who are interested in Life Insurance services and want to learn more, or possibly sign up! With that being said, THAT is then where you money comes into play.

This is STRICTLY from the information given to me a couple days ago. You are set up with appts. through AIL, but YOU ARE YOUR OWN BUSINESS! You pay as an agent can range from $40k-$110k. Master General Agents make a whopping $100k-$600k.

Everything you do, because YOU ARE YOUR OWN BUSINESS is a tax write off at the end of the year; gas, supplies, computer, etc. Total fees payed here would $393 - pre-licensing, application and exam fees... you make 3-5+ times more than that is you have 3-10 families (out of 30 in a given week) happen to decide to sign up for the insurance.

AGAIN, you're not being taken advantage of, people in order to work as an insurance agent, YOU MUST BE LICENSED! They hire people without any experience, because they WILL gain the knowledge from testing and being in the field.

NC, USA Resident

Posted: Wed Aug 22nd, 2012 08:48 pm
  PMQuoteReply
79th Post
Neezy
Banned

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Aug 22nd, 2012
Mana: 
A lot of you clearly don't know what a "scam" is. With AIL, the fact you're selling people insurance, YOU MUST BE LICENSED! Those fees for licensing are for testing, books, etc. to STUDY for the exam to obtain a license.

Once you begin, you work for yourself! You do not cold call, you don't go door-to-door. You are set up with people who are interested in Life Insurance services and want to learn more, or possibly sign up! With that being said, THAT is then where you money comes into play.

This is STRICTLY from the information given to me a couple days ago. You are set up with appts. through AIL, but YOU ARE YOUR OWN BUSINESS! You pay as an agent can range from $40k-$110k. Master General Agents make a whopping $100k-$600k.

Everything you do, because YOU ARE YOUR OWN BUSINESS is a tax write off at the end of the year; gas, supplies, computer, etc. Total fees payed here would $393 - pre-licensing, application and exam fees... you make 3-5+ times more than that is you have 3-10 families (out of 30 in a given week) happen to decide to sign up for the insurance.

AGAIN, you're not being taken advantage of, people in order to work as an insurance agent, YOU MUST BE LICENSED! They hire people without any experience, because they WILL gain the knowledge from testing and being in the field.

For those of you who DO have an interview scheduled. Go sit in and see if there is anything else you can learn or questions can be asked. Don't always take everyone's words for something, all because you were skeptical... majority of the opinions given on AIL are from those who don't even work for, nor ever took the first step in getting involved with the company.

NC, USA Resident

Posted: Thu Aug 23rd, 2012 04:04 pm
  PMQuoteReply
80th Post
l3arcode
Banned

Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Aug 23rd, 2012
Mana: 
Hello everyone,

Just thought I give my 2-bit-thought and experience. Please pardon my grammar.

I received an email from them, by a person with the name of "Josh". Called in and was told that someone will call me within a day or two. Was slightly shocked when when I was told "someone" would call me. Three days later I finally get a call from the person by the name of "Moe", decided to ask him a few questions after he provided me some information.

Inforamtions are as follows:
1) Interview is located downtown Toronto, but I will be placed at my closest location working in "Aurora".
2) Compensation is BASE + commission
3) Any traveling required will be a write-off by AIL

My questions as follows:
1) Where is the office in Aurora
2) What is the exact compensation
3) What is the exact position being hired for

Answer from "Moe" to the information provided:
1) NO ANSWER
2) Not sure, based on position as many is being offered
3) Determined upon your interview

At the same time I was in a rush to attend a doctor's appointment, so I advised Moe to give me his number and I will call him back after the doctor's appointment to schedule the interview.

I called and left a message, twice. It has been 2 days and "Moe" hasn't called me back. Thus I decided to be a bit of research. I am glad I ran into this.

I never attended an interview with them nor did they mention that I would need to pay fees. I assume this is come about during the interview.

Just my thought, I applied to State farm insurance in the past; if they decide to hire you, they will pay for your fees. However for license registration you need to start the courses yourself. Upon completion of the course the insurance company will register you with them to obtain your license. This is the process in Ontario; not sure if it is the same for you Neezy since you are in the US.

I also would like to add-on. Most HR when scheduling you for a interview or call back for phone interview, provide percise information as to whom you will be speaking with and at what time. I have never had a call from HR (at any company) whom don't call people back and cannot provide basic information such as compensation, office location, and the exact position being hired for.

Ting

Posted: Sat Sep 15th, 2012 08:00 pm
  PMQuoteReply
81st Post
Steadfastibex
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
American Income Life Insurance Company is not a scam. I am a licensed life agent with American Income Life and have been working for the company for 8 months. It is my dream job and I enjoy almost every aspect of the position. The company gives you the opportunity to make excellent income by helping out working class families protect themselves against unfortunate events. With that being said AIL is not for everybody, it takes a lot of time, hard work and dedication.

A lot of people truly believe that they are able to dedicate their time and work hard towards building a career and a future for themselves and their loved ones. The reality of the situation is that most people are not. We do have a high turn over when it comes to agents because most people do not have what it takes to make it as an agent.

With regards to fees that one must pay to become an agent. Yes, you do have to pay certain types of fees to become an agent. None of these fees are for the profit of American Income Life, they are so you can become educated and licensed in Ontario to be a Licensed Life Agent!

You have to take a life insurance course so you understand what you are doing and recommending to the people you are protecting. You have to pay the government a fee to take a test so that you can get your license and then a fee to get the very license you need to sell insurance.

Can you imagine having someone come to your house and sell you and your loved ones insurance and not have a clue on what they are doing??? It would be a dangerous situation if our government allowed that to happen.

We are a growing company that is going global, we have an A+ superior rating by AM Best which is one of the oldest rating companies. Click on the link below to see the rating

http://www3.ambest.com/frames/frameserver.asp?site=press&tab=1&altsrc=&altnum=&refnum=65494655774946536653

AIL is owned by Torchmark, a company listed on the New York Stock Exchange and doing extremely well.

For the people who have made negative post about AIL they have acted as judge, jury and executioner. I would be a little more cautious when posting information about companies people know little to nothing about. Please do your research before posting negative comments.

Posted: Thu Oct 18th, 2012 04:28 pm
  PMQuoteReply
82nd Post
DanielleSmyth
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Hi folks,
Allow me clarify things some more. Its not that we are a scam... we are your generic Multi Level Marketing Company. Look this up on Wiki if you want. Yes, in general, we are a pyramid scheme praying on the weak, but its LEGAL. So no, AIL is not a scam. If you come to our office, and see 5 people being interviewed at once and you are shown videos instead of asked questions about work experience... well what do you think it is? So dont act like a victim people Can you get rich with us? Sure.. just look at Melinda!! She has been on top for years, living off residuals for other peoples hard work. That can be you too! Anyhow, all Im saying is, we are a legit company, where a very select few will make money. But 99% of you will quit after 6 months. Also, user Steadfastibex, please stop embarrassing us with your obvious shilling for AIL. People can tell when one of my co workers is writing responses here and other forums. Not sure who you are, but if you want to admit your mistake, please see me in office.

Kisses,

Danielle.

Posted: Thu Oct 18th, 2012 05:29 pm
  PMQuoteReply
83rd Post
AlphaVictor
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Today I received an e-mail from AIL from its CEO Roger Smith supposedly from this e-mail account:
HumanResources-AILC1@tmkrms.com.
So I wrote its "CEO" back giving a thank you for such a SCAM opportunity.
I do not trust any mail containing EASY stuff and talking about money and pushing you to hurry up.
So first thing I do is to CHECK in the web.
Thank you for telling your experience.

Posted: Thu Nov 15th, 2012 11:27 pm
  PMQuoteReply
84th Post
Lorraine
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Thank you for leaving this message here. I just had a mail from this company. Copy here for everyone:

My name is Roger Smith and I am the Chief Executive Officer of American Income. I recently found your resume online and wanted to get in touch with you. We are expanding our sales force by hiring applicants from a variety of different backgrounds and we believe you have the potential to be an excellent match.

We are hiring goal-oriented individuals like you right now. First year earnings, advances and bonuses can range from $60,000 to $90,000 for new representatives. No experience is necessary. We provide full training to help maximize your earning potential. If you wish to excel within a company that has a proven record of success, then I would like to speak with you. American Income has upheld a well-known industry reputation for financial stability and quality service for over 50 years.

If you are interested in learning more about this important opportunity, please click here or call 1-888-831-1200.

Sincerely,

Roger Smith
Chief Executive Officer
American Income

We would like to keep you updated on exciting job opportunities at American Income Life Insurance Company. We will continue to alert you when we have openings at our local offices. You received this email because you placed your resume on an internet job board or responded to one of our job ads. To remove your email address from our list, please do not reply to this email. This will not remove you from future emails. Instead, please use the link below to process your removal requests. Compensation is on a pay for performance basis.

Click here to unsubscribe from further communication regarding job opportunities at American Income Life Insurance Company. Please allow two to three business days for the removal process of your E-mail address to be complete. American Income Life Insurance Company, 1200 Wooded Acres, Waco, TX 76710.

Posted: Thu Nov 29th, 2012 02:20 am
  PMQuoteReply
85th Post
Muzzy101
Banned

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Nov 28th, 2012
Mana: 
To everyone here, who has somehow been convinced that "the internet is always right", please for the sake of your kids and their IQ levels..stop.

Everyone complaining about how they asked you for a measly $725 for your insurance license, please take out a pen and paper and write a letter to every single university, high school, other financial industry and career oriented job out there and complain to them about their ridiculous fees.

Please before you decide to ruin the opportunity for everyone, do some research, get your facts in order cause threads like this is why our economy is **BLEEP** and everyone is broke.

Doctors pay $100k + for their license. Lawyers pay $100k for their license. Teachers pay for their bachelor degree and education degree. chefs pay for their degrees/schooling. high school students pay a stupid fee every year. Do you see any of them writing threads? making complains about their debt? about being charged to learn and be succesfull later on?

I graduated with a biology degree, and $30k in debt. Guess what im doing now? WORKING FOR AIL. why? cause the opportunity was given to me, an opportunity to make a career.

I paid off all my debt in 3 months..thats $30k in 3 months. Some of you are lucky to even make that in a year with your hot shot university degrees that you got because society put this "get an education and get a real job" brain wash on you.

AIL is not a scam. its designed for people who are determined and work hard. they even pay for your license now, so that little children like you stop complaining. The reason some of the interview questions on the phone are "fishy" is because threads like this have made it hard for the life insurance industry to grow.

Whats even more amusing is that how some of the resumes we get are from engineers or accountants, who are in dire need of a job and here people are bashing somebody giving them a career opportunity.

Next time you are gonna listen to someones opinion on the internet, please do me a favor and go youtube your favorite video....let me know if anyone bashing that made you change your mind.

Regards,
Disgruntled calgarian.

Posted: Thu Aug 1st, 2013 05:55 pm
  PMQuoteReply
86th Post
wateron
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
I am from Toronto, Ontario. Thanks a lot all warning threads heading from Meemo.

I received Roger Smith's email this morning and lured me to get into trap with earning attractive big amount money later on. I never have heard about American Income so checked online and found Meemo's post, later I knew this website is talkcalgary, and majority are Calgarian. This company has already been developing their business to Toronto and luring more people to join in as well extorting money from people.

Hope more people could be away from scam and cheating.
=======================================================
My name is Roger Smith and I am the Chief Executive Officer of American Income. I recently found your resume online and wanted to get in touch with you. We are expanding our sales force by hiring applicants from a variety of different backgrounds and we believe you have the potential to be an excellent match.

We are hiring goal-oriented individuals like you right now. First year earnings, advances and bonuses can range from $60,000 to $90,000 for new representatives. No experience is necessary. We provide full training to help maximize your earning potential. If you wish to excel within a company that has a proven record of success, then I would like to speak with you. American Income has upheld a well-known industry reputation for financial stability and quality service for over 50 years.

If you are interested in learning more about this important opportunity, please click here or call 1-888-831-1200.

Sincerely,

Roger Smith
Chief Executive Officer
American Income

We would like to keep you updated on exciting job opportunities at American Income Life Insurance Company. We will continue to alert you when we have openings at our local offices. You received this email because you placed your resume on an internet job board or responded to one of our job ads. To remove your email address from our list, please do not reply to this email. This will not remove you from future emails. Instead, please use the link below to process your removal requests. Compensation is on a pay for performance basis.

Click here to unsubscribe from further communication regarding job opportunities at American Income Life Insurance Company. Please allow two to three business days for the removal process of your E-mail address to be complete. American Income Life Insurance Company, 1200 Wooded Acres, Waco, TX 76710.

Privacy Policy Abuse@tmkrms.com postmaster@tmkrms.com

Posted: Tue Oct 15th, 2013 06:07 pm
  PMQuoteReply
87th Post
Whototrust
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Hi everyone

I got a call from someone name Richard White a HR from AIL London Ontario. He got my resume (I didn't apply for this job)and said he has a job for me as management team. I replied I only have little experience. HE said the phone line wasn't clear, asked me to go to his office (90 minutes drive from my house) for an interview. I said Ok. Then I researched for this company. I found all the comments above. I called back and asked what is the job description and requirement. Come up with unreasonable requirement and job description as a management role. I said to him "I am strictly looking for financial accounting, you make me feels like after the interview you will tell that me more suitable to be sale rep at the your company instead" He replied "Good luck for your job search sir!" So what you, as a reader, think?
I have comment for the fees, etc. I have been went into a insurace broker (Primerica) with my friends before(althought i didn't finish it)those fees is for textbook and exam etc. My fried is doing very well, she still with Primerica and now she has people work for her. Personaly, I don't think that fees for the sale rep is scam.

Posted: Thu Nov 7th, 2013 04:03 pm
  PMQuoteReply
88th Post
Crusader26

Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Nov 7th, 2013
Mana: 
Strange, I work for AIL Traboulay, the London Ontario Office.

Yes you do have to pay to take qualification courses and exams, just like with most other jobs that require licenses. Not to mention the turnover rate is extremely high because most people can't do the work, they can't go out and meet with people and don't put in the effort to do well.

Same with most sales jobs, if you fail, you fail quick, and if you do well, your stick around. There is a reason why AIL is so successful and Unions/Associations choose to work with them.

Posted: Thu Nov 7th, 2013 04:18 pm
  PMQuoteReply
89th Post
Crusader26

Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Nov 7th, 2013
Mana: 
l3arcode wrote:
Hello everyone,

1) Where is the office in Aurora
2) What is the exact compensation
3) What is the exact position being hired for

Ting

There is no Office in Aurora, your interview was with the Toronto Office, that will be the Office you work out of

It is commission/bonus based for Field Agents, the first 45 days you are on a 45% contract, which means you will receive 45% of all ALP (Annual Life Premium) that you sell. If you sell a policy that comes to $1000 ALP, you will receive $450. If you sell more than $1150 ALP (soon to drop to $350 ALP) you will receive a bonus of $175 (Soon to raise to $200).

Depending on the outcome of your interview, you may be hired as a PR agent working within the office, or a Field/Sales Agent working in the field.

Posted: Thu Apr 3rd, 2014 04:47 am
  PMQuoteReply
90th Post
htownlax
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Hello everyone,

I work for AIL in Ontario and just letting everyone know this is not a scam this is a legit insurance company, that offers some of the best products available in the life insurance industry. So you have to pay for a course to study for your life license. Then pay for your exam and then apply for your license. Its called being invested in your career. Do you not pay for school to become an engineer? Would you buy life insurance from somebody who doesn't know what there talking about? The training and support that is available through this company is amazing. Everything that they do, they do to help you in your career as a life insurance agent. Yes during your training you call another agents leads and book them appointments SO THAT WHEN YOU GET YOUR LEADS YOU DO NOT WASTE THEM AND ACTUALLY BOOK APPOINTMENTS You may have to go a month without getting paid but take everything in and learn as much as you can so that when you do have the opportunity to start making money, YOU ACTUALLY MAKE MONEY! If you have a good work ethic and can have a conversation with somebody you will do well with this career. If you want to have a 6 figure income and possibly be able to retire in ten years and receive renewal checks every month for the rest of your life then this is definitely the career for you. If your happy with making just over minimum wage living pay check to pay check and don't want to put any effort into your career other than between the hours of 9-5 then this is not the job for you. Just because you quit before you had the opportunity to make money or put no effort into your career at all and in return got no results is no reason to bash the company. EVERYONE WHO IS LOOKING INTO STARTING A CAREER WITH AIL THINK ABOUT THIS..is it worth paying what may seem like a lot of money right now around $400-$500 and getting your life license and making it back in your first sale? I know I paid around $30,000 for school and got degree in a field that does not have even close to the potential for making money like this. If you have a good work ethic and drive to be successful then go for it prove to yourself that your not average or ordinary that your extraordinary! The opportunity is TRULY unlimited and if you have the drive and HUNGER to be successful then you WILL be. Your success is in your hands, all the tools are there in front of you. NOW GO GET IT!

Posted: Tue Apr 8th, 2014 04:05 pm
  PMQuoteReply
91st Post
awaken

Joined TALKCalgary: Tue Apr 8th, 2014
Mana: 
Exactly. AIL pays for your course, you just have to pay to write it. Imagine all of the people that they hire that fail all that money out for AIL.

Posted: Tue Apr 8th, 2014 04:05 pm
  PMQuoteReply
92nd Post
awaken

Mana: 
Yesssss! Not even that much, just over $300. Nevermind them, that is why they are looking for a 'job'.

Posted: Tue Apr 8th, 2014 04:08 pm
  PMQuoteReply
93rd Post
awaken

Mana: 
Check the Better Business Bureau. Haha, thinking you get real info from a conversational post by strangers who probably didn't finish elementary. When you go to college to get a degree who pays for it? Do you know that when AIL hires someone they pay about 34k a year for that person. AIL pays for your course when hired but you pay to write your test. Do other companies invest in you like that whey they hire you? Imagine all the money they would spend if they hired people and then they decided it wasn't for them because they weren't competent enough to do the LLQP? Out of all the people who claim that AIL is a scam, tell me, how many of you have 'actually' been scammed by AIL? There's a reason why most of you are posting such ludicrous posts, and it's not because you have a crystal ball or are smart at all, hence why you are job searching. You all feed off the negative that others bring and love the company. Do you know how many families AIL have helped and saved? Did you know that AIL has been around since 1924 and has an A+ superior rating for financial strength and client pay-out from AM. Do you know that they currently work with over 40,000 unions and have billions of dollars in assets?

IF you actually did your research not through gossip then you would know that the company is an American company. Therefore the trademark name in Canada, is AIL Canada. Next time you want to send out attack emails, make sure you do your research so you can at least be somewhat educated and make a case and point. Insurance is a highly regulated industry and clearly you are not fit for the role. AIL hires people based on trust and has an amazing opportunity for those that believe in themselves and are worth more than what your employer will pay you weekly, capped. Get some life skills and stop believing everything you read. Just because it didn't work out for someone doesn't mean it's you. Come to the office during a meeting day and tell me that our agents that have passed their course look unhappy and feel ripped off. LOL You guys really need to do some soul searching and start focusing on the positive. And if someone even contacted you feel blessed and if it wasn't for you then just say so instead of slamming people and READ the dates these were posted and look at the source. Yes, you all need to have a better day that's for sure.

Posted: Tue Apr 8th, 2014 04:09 pm
  PMQuoteReply
94th Post
awaken

Mana: 
It is what you want it to be. I saw a lady who started in November and she is making good coin from helping people.

Posted: Tue Jun 10th, 2014 04:03 pm
  PMQuoteReply
95th Post
sam.iam
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Thank you for sharing your experience. I just got a call from AIL here in Toronto. They say they got my resume from Monster.

Posted: Thu Dec 4th, 2014 06:36 pm
  PMQuoteReply
96th Post
Carlo1973
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Hi everyone, I just joined this site specifically only for this post as I have been recently contacted by these guys here in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

I found it a bit odd that their email went straight to my spam box in Gmail, but since it looked like a potential job offer I decided to do some research on the company - hence why I am here now.

So glad that I did, I don't think I will be contacting them.

I have been an IT professional for the past 6 years, and was laid off due to organisation restructuring almost a year ago. Add a very bad car accident in August that has left me with very little short term memory, a speech impediment (slurring words and sometimes forgetting words entirely in mid sentence) that comes on randomly, loss of sensation and feeling in my right arm completely at random times. Needless to say its been a rough time and I've not hand any luck finding work in my field. I was about to loose hope when I saw that email in my spam box. But now I feel it wont be a good fit. I'll keep trying, otherwise I'll go back to school and take a trade. I can't count on my memory to much, so something where I can write things down may be best (I have personal experience with a bit of carpentry and cabinetry, so maybe something like that or Electrical - I can string wire like the best of them :P)

The guy that contacted me was Rick Altig, and he seems to have a local number. Anyone else have any experience with this individual?

Posted: Thu Dec 18th, 2014 09:53 pm
  PMQuoteReply
97th Post
awaken

Mana: 
Hey everyone go in with your eyes WIDE open, if it feels wrong then your intuition is probably right. But go in and get your LLQP for cheap then go somewhere else as your license is YOURS. Their leads are crap as well. So as the ads are the same, shady and without much details that is what this company is about.

Posted: Thu Feb 16th, 2017 10:31 am
  PMQuoteReply
98th Post
Xinap

Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Feb 16th, 2017
Mana: 
check some tips how to to have a good interview and don't lose your dignity here http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/interview-is-not-a-reason-to-lose-dignity

Current time is 11:43 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2   

TALKCalgary - Forums > Calgary Stuff > General Talk > American Income Life a scam?

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1477 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 52 queries executed.