TALKCalgary - Forums Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
TALKCalgary - Forums > Calgary Stuff > General Talk > World Financial Group

You are viewing in limited guest access mode only. For full access please login or register

World Financial Group
 Moderated by: Admin Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
 Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Thu Apr 28th, 2011 07:30 am
  PMQuoteReply
121st Post
AmberKennyJames
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
This is very Nice post you mentioned here.

Posted: Thu Jun 2nd, 2011 03:42 am
  PMQuoteReply
122nd Post
Me
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
...not exactly. A line of credit is different than a home equity line of credit. You can use a line of credit for anything while you could only use a home equity line of credit to pay off a home. It is difficult to explain without showing numbers and examples. I went to school for finance and even the teachers had to explain it in great detail for the students to understand.

Posted: Sun Jan 8th, 2012 08:06 pm
  PMQuoteReply
123rd Post
WFG???
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Hi, I have read the message board and have seen your offer of more private discussion about WFG. Are you still willing? I have joined and passed all the LLQP tests here in BC and have the application all filled out but I have not sent it in as yet. My main concern is the focus on recruiting as apposed to client services, if you are willing please let me know as the PM function disabled at this point, here is my email merccougar_rombo@hotmail.com

Posted: Tue Jan 31st, 2012 01:40 am
  PMQuoteReply
124th Post
MeWanTruth2012

Joined TALKCalgary: Mon Jan 30th, 2012
Mana: 
Hi wfgsucks, I'm from Montreal.  I ended up here GOOGLING for WFG and Primerica.  As a matter of fact, I got an invitation from Primerica agent for a meeting tomorrow.  So I started with Primerica and that led me to WFG and so on.

You said "---If you want to do personal production you can start at many other firms that will pay you 70% of 100% (that is key) to start, meaning you will not need to recruit and ruin any relationships. And to be honest you will learn much more if you pick the right firm. And depending on where you live, I can give you a list of the firms that many ex WFG reps have gone to and done very well."

Can you please guide me through.  I've been always interested, my second choice, in this field, but due to family and all, I didn't follow either my first or the second choice as a career.
Now that I'm done almost, I want to go ahead and pursue with Finance Industry.  I tell you now that I have no related education, and I'm 36 years old.  I have DEC in Computer Programmer/Analyst.  
I want to be a Financial Adviser, but what I heard from you and others make me stay  away from WFG and others, MLM. 
Can you please suggest me as what I should do to become one without going back to do long term University degrees or whatever.  I don't mind taking courses at Us or privates. r1999carl@gmail.com

Thank you.

Posted: Wed Feb 1st, 2012 04:15 am
  PMQuoteReply
125th Post
MeWanTruth2012

Joined TALKCalgary: Mon Jan 30th, 2012
Mana: 
".... become one without going back to do long term University degrees or whatever. I don't mind taking courses at Us or privates. r1999c..."

What I meant by "...Us or privates." is that University or private courses.
Just wanted to make sure of that.
Thank you all.
p.s.: I'm not sure if I should've left my e-mail address too... Causing me a headache now.

Posted: Wed Feb 15th, 2012 05:18 am
  PMQuoteReply
126th Post
chef73

Joined TALKCalgary: Wed Feb 15th, 2012
Mana: 
have been reading your post and like what you have to say!
i was with primaerica but felt that they never really talked about the product just about getting people into the buisness and that did not sit right with me!
I like the idea of helping families and have an interest in the finical world anyway to get to the point I have been approached by wfg but feel the same thing about just recruiting and never teaching the products!
i would like to get into the industry and would like to know your thoughts of where to go? i am in regina and would very much appreciate any advise you could give me!
thanks

Posted: Wed Mar 14th, 2012 05:04 pm
  PMQuoteReply
127th Post
MrListens
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
With respect to WFG, for those members that have become part of WFG, the contract that you initially have to sign on beginning your journey with WFG - the one that you authorizing WFG to receive your Code # and also the secondary part explaining your connection, responsibilities,etc. - I don't understand how or why one would sign such a contract wherein the brokerage firm (in this case WFG) has rights if necessary to take legal action against you (in this case you, the person signing the contract, also known as the "Associate" thereafter)should they need to get monies from you for outstanding balances owed on insurances that you must pay and in which your commissions paid were not enough to cover such premiums (which by the way, they (WFG Executives) will explain that these insurance premiums are very minimal)however,you(the Associate's)only means for recovery of incorrectly paid commissions is strictly by Arbitration (an agreed upon arbitrator/mediator by both parties). Wait, it gets better. That Arbitration will take place in Ontario. Now, keep in mind, you are signing an Agreement here in Calgary, Alberta but they (WFG) wants you to go to Ontario to fight for your funds you thought you were going to get paid. Now for those of you that read the contract thoroughly which they (WFG Execs)say is standard, you know that you are signing that contract understanding that the jurisdiction (the laws that apply) are based on the laws of the Province of Ontario. Now don't panic, if for some reason you (the Associate), the one making money from your work not the work all the Associates like WFG (WFG gets a commission from all of the Associates work), cannot afford to go to Ontario you don't have to worry, WFG has a back up plan for that. Instead of flying out to Ontario you do the Arbitration over the phone and pay for a transcript instead - have you seen the cost of transcripts of proceedings in Calgary (call Amicus Court Reporting to get an approximate quote from them on what it would cost to get a transcripts of proceedings between 4 people talking for 2 hours but keep in mind Arbitration could take longer it could be shorter too)- its not cheap. So, I've got to ask, perhaps I'm not quite understanding, why would one sign such a contract? I have to get an Alberta Code. I'm selling a product in Alberta and therefore receiving contracts for those products in Alberta. I have to pay my taxes on those commissions as a resident of Alberta. So why do I have to follow Ontario law but only through Arbitration not the Courts to get recovery for any grievances I may have but WFG can take legal action against me? Am I missing something?

Posted: Wed Mar 28th, 2012 02:09 am
  PMQuoteReply
128th Post
undermind
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
:( everybody who have been scammed by World Financial group should complain to every provincial insurance council. Prosperity term and UL was made my a top WFG guy name MICHAUD, management fee goes to this guy everytime a life insurance was done. My friend lost his retirement savings after 3 years. half million dollars to half. WFG blamed the market. but the TRUTH is was placed in an aggressive fund because they don't know what the agent is doing.
So please, create a community to formally sued WFG. In alberta it is the Alberta INsurance council to file complain. Flood AIC with complain regarding WFG. Another thruth about WFG, Transamerica stop the investment side because of WFG.

Posted: Thu Apr 26th, 2012 08:24 am
  PMQuoteReply
129th Post
Annabelle

Joined TALKCalgary: Thu Apr 26th, 2012
Mana: 
I live in Edmonton and I will be starting work with them soon. I am a hard worker and am pretty sharp/clever. (The second thing is what others say about me not so much a personal observation) Personally I don't believe they can provide me with enough information to manage someone's finances as quickly as they say; especially since I do not have any university or financial training. I am open-minded to their ideas and so on but if I do not feel like I am actually helping people I will leave. I want to make more money than I currently am and they seem, to be giving me an opportunity to do that as well as help people in a meaningful and life changing way. I am not afraid to leave if I find this company to be morally compromised and I will not be manipulated.

The agent my boyfriend and I have been talking to has APPEARED to be nothing but very helpful and not very pushy at all. In fact when I suggested other investment plans we had been considering ie. Blue Cross he recommended them (not through his company either).

My one concern at this point is how genuinely nice he is and eager to get me into this company. I do realize I will be making him money just by having this job.

However I find it suspicious that this high up broker would be so interested in an inexperienced young adult.

I did attend their seminar, I did not find any faults to it and there was some information in there that will actually help people.

That complicated document you need to sign before working there makes me suspicious:? as well, however. (this was mentioned in a post I read on this forum)
As I interact more with this company I will update on this thread.:)

At this point is only fair to mention that my bfs dad; who is a great man and very honest is friends with this agent. I will be asking him how well he knows this agent etc.

I really hope WFG is everything it promotes itself to be.

As I learn more I will post it.

P.S. I would love if people reply to this with ACCURATE information about how the plans WFG has set you up on have affected your life, positively or negatively. I am looking for info more from people who set up insurance plans with them not so much people who worked there. Thank you.:)

Posted: Sat Aug 18th, 2012 03:57 am
  PMQuoteReply
130th Post
lauram4056
Banned

Joined TALKCalgary: Fri Aug 17th, 2012
Mana: 
So how did it go at world financial?  So I paid $309 to join the company

and get my  book to study.  Now I hear its $360 to place license once

i pass the exam.  I only have a grade 12 education and not sure now

if I should proceed.  What do you think??

Posted: Mon Oct 29th, 2012 05:27 pm
  PMQuoteReply
131st Post
AdvisorCalgary
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
Sorry to hear all the frustrations with WFG. As an Investors Group advisor companies like this are also a thorne in our side. Full time professional advisors are given a bad name when companies us part time, multi level marking platforms. If you would like to speak to a qualified advisor please contact me at:

Jesse Begin

Division Director

Investors Group Financial Services Inc.

Jesse.Begin@investorsgroup.com

700, 1333 8th ST SW Calgary AB, T2R 1M6

P. 403.229.0555 Ext 357 F. 403.228.6294

At the very least we can share a coffee and talk about previous frustrations. I'm glad there are forms like this were people have a voice

Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2012 12:21 am
  PMQuoteReply
132nd Post
7yundao

Joined TALKCalgary: Mon Dec 17th, 2012
Mana: 
ok lets start with who I am so you guys can judge my opinion base on my back ground.
3rd year business/computer joint major at Simon Fraser University.
21 male
singled(lol maybe this doesnt matter?)
I understand i am still very very inexperienced in my knowledge and life and just about everything but I do know facts and some simple logical arguments. Please point out anything if you think is wrong.

Sorry to tell some people this but my purpose of joining WFG was not to earn half million bucks or anything of the likes over a short period of time(say less than 5years).
Yes anyone who is looking to get rich quick or a regular job to get paid hourly can stop reading this now.
Why I joined WFG was to gain life experience for myself and to learn the mysterious business world because there is none of that in university.
I just joined couple weeks ago and everything pretty matches up the description previous posts. I understand exactly it is a business to sell service/products and people at the top gets all the big bucks. I also understand there is more to it. (now i am gonna talk about what i experienced so far if you just want the results you can skip ahead to the end)

Our office is in Vancouver, they have training 3 days a week every week. It usually the co-workers who are successful(higher up in the pyramid) talking about their experience of how to sell the products/service. I found this alone is worth the 125$ if nothing more.

People who are associates there are mostly 30+ but there are also people between 20 and 30.

Personally I dont oppose the idea of MLM, because to get to the top in WFG you have to get 3 people you recruited to the same level as you, and I quickly realize that's no easy job because not only you have to find people who are like this kind of job you also have to training them and motivate them. What you are doing is building a team of sales people to work for you but they are also building a team of their own and you get part of their income I think that is fair because I brought him/her in and trained and motivated them.

Now I am looking to get the license. My understanding is upon getting this license I would know more about financial products and how to invest in them so I can do the same for other people. Now whether this is worth the license money i will have to find out after i finish the online material and the books.(I shall give you guys updates on that)

But I do have the most important doubt cleared: can I really build my own legit business from this? What are my chances?

For me I think it will depend on whether I can recruit people who will be thinking the same thing after I recruit them and how well i trained them all it takes is

EFFORT and TIME.(what doesnt?)

Result so far after spending 125$:
1. Confirm an opportunity to build my own business
2. Rewarding experience about how to sell and talk to people
3. Learning knowledge about providing financial services(this can be done for free if you just search the net)
4. Realization of how much time and effort i will need to succeed.

I do agree some of the previous posts that the license tests are not enough and that WFG is trying to get more sales people too quickly but that depends on the individual's knowledge. For me, I will try to learn as much as I can because I will be handling other people's money and I am not just selling a product and run off with their money and I will also train the people who I will recruit to understand this.

The key to success in WFG is face to face communication skills as you will be recruiting and help/sell people base on referrals.

Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2012 12:56 am
  PMQuoteReply
133rd Post
7yundao

Mana: 
I should also add that
5. great chance for young people like me to make connection with business people.

So I think the 125$ i spent is worth it even though i havent earned a single dollar so far.

Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2012 01:07 am
  PMQuoteReply
134th Post
7yundao

Mana: 
One thing I have in my mind is I will be learning a lot about financial products and investments before I can do anything for other people so I just hope WFG will provide me with the necessary knowledge and if not I might have to learn from the internet either way is ok but I know the system is set up already I just have to recruit people who will do the same as me then I will be making money :)

Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2012 02:06 am
  PMQuoteReply
135th Post
7yundao

Mana: 
i understand perfectly the whole brain washing process lol funny

Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2012 02:31 am
  PMQuoteReply
136th Post
7yundao

Mana: 
And if you lost money because you trusted ur money with one of the WFG associates, i apologize on their behalf and I will do my best to not be one of them and also my recruits.

Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2012 03:32 am
  PMQuoteReply
137th Post
7yundao

Mana: 
so lets do some math to get to SMD u have to go through 3 levels and each level u have to bring 3 people to the same level as you and those people have to bring 3 people too. On a glance it looks like like u only need to keep promoting 3 people 3 times. But those 3 people also need to promote people to their own level so they can promote to the same level as you that's a lot of people which is 3^2+3^3+3^4= 117 as in 1 SMD, 3 MD, 9 senior assosicates, 27 associates, and 81 training associate. And when you are SMD you can open ur own office. That's why they focus so much on recruiting so they can get more commission on their own sales and also get sales from their recruits.
That's basically the system behind it and anyone can climb it but the quality of the service really depend on the office you are in. So for me, I really like this business model but not how they only focus on recruiting and little financial training so I should do that on my own that's what I deduct after reading the previous posts.

Posted: Tue Dec 18th, 2012 03:34 am
  PMQuoteReply
138th Post
7yundao

Mana: 
I hope my insight helps.

Posted: Thu Jul 17th, 2014 08:20 am
  PMQuoteReply
139th Post
work4it
Guest Member

Joined TALKCalgary: 
Mana: 
After reading through WFG feedback from both views, my advice is humble... "Pray before you Pay". If it is true that WFG is manipulating others very hard earned money, it is stealing and hurting those who many have little hope to grasp. Yes, there are many preying on the weak... yet, they don't even know themselves...because they too have been built a dream of false hope. You may or may not be a believer but I am. GOD IS VERY clear on doing poor business practices, stealing, lying, and so forth. Jesus did overturn the tables "money changers", there is much on this. You may not be a Christian, but I am...God is watching. If WFG is in line with what they are doing is correct and ethical, then they need to put forth not the juniors and part time hard workers, but the Chief Commander to come forward and provide solid evidence that WFG is not a deterrent to coercion of what those may believe or experienced, and speak the truth as we all should. One day we will all face God, and will have to account for every thing... me as well. I too deal with others investments in a much larger capacity. I would be horrified to intentionally mislead...gain knowledge and wisdom, act as if IT IS YOUR OWN EARNINGS... advise your contacts appropriately, as if it was your own hard earnings. I wake up every morning saying, "I didn't steal or lie for my own benefit", it isn't worth it and if you feel a little at ease with what your represent... that is an indicator to check what you are doing. Money is not the driver... if it is, you will all need to reflect on yourselves. If that is your motivator, ask why? I'd rather have integrity and help others...be broke, than fill my pockets and lie. Choose what and who you serve. EDUCATE YOURSELF... and whom and what you represent. Do your serious homework. One day you will ask yourself...was it worth it? Did you sell yourself and soul to the devil for money? Because that is EXACTLY what he wants you to do and believe. WFG should actually not stand for World Financial Group.... but, Work For God. We can't serve 2 God's (God and Mammon)only one... we need to choose the correct one. I encourage your feedback... I am not your judge, but I will always take a stand for justice. Signing off "work4it". :)

Current time is 11:36 pmPage:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   

TALKCalgary - Forums > Calgary Stuff > General Talk > World Financial Group

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1176 seconds (14% database + 86% PHP). 36 queries executed.